Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Pro Flight Emulator for our pits?

Guys,

Im thinking Im about to order Pro Flight Emulator and I was wondering if there is any reason this would not work for us full size deck builders. I'd love to hear from anyone that's used it before. I used FS2000 back in FS98 and I loved it. This time it's got way more features, but I'd like to know if it's as easy to use as the defualt FS ATC.

thanks,
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Eric,
    Will be watching this thread to hear views of anyone with ProFlight. It was a toss up for me between ProFlight and Radar Contactv4. I went with RC and it is working fine. However I don't like the way it abandons you at the end of the flight with just a "taxi to gate" instruction. I notice recent free upgrades to ProFlight which include taxi and gate instructions plus extra voicesets. Am very tempted. Anyone answering could you please comment also on the "compile time" when creating a flight as this is what stopped me using ProFlight in FS98 - still have the original disc. Eric I hope you don't mind me jumping in here.
    Bill

Airbus

Hey Guys,
    Wife bought this for me as a early Bday gift Direct Download It is utter crap. Yes the voices are very cool and some nice little things like the adon I added as well but, this program offers nothing more than FS9 for performance overall. Truly not worth the money and nothing special. As far as compile times pretty much in line with original 98 version, not much difference. I removed it from my cpu and trashed it. Didnt tell the wifey though. If this was $8.00 I'd use it but when I found out it was overall 5x that I was very disappointed. Only thing good is the voices with different accents. I also use RC and its 10X better.Heres another guy that wrote a review thats pretty much inline with mine.

by Brett Bohn Date Added: Monday 21 April, 2008

Sadly disappointed... This program doesn't offer much more than what is already built into FS9 or FSX, and you end up spending more time planning and clicking your mouse than flying a plane. For $40 they don't even offer you all the functionality of the original PF2000, but instead have a discouraging combo of two programs that are riddled with errors or unusable features. You have to jump through a lot of hoops to make this program worth using - not worth it to me.

Rating: [1 of 5 Stars!]

JMO Hope it helped.

Regards
    Tim
    A340
    Canada

4. Thanks Trevor Hale, Matt Olieman thanked for this post
    500+ This must be a daytime job

Quote Originally Posted by Holclo View Post
    I went with RC and it is working fine. However I don't like the way it abandons you at the end of the flight with just a "taxi to gate" instruction.
    Whilst that's really about as much as you should expect from ATC, gate and taxi details are being looked at in Version 5, still in development.

With the exception of going on-line with VATSIM or IVAO for your ATC, I don't think you'll find anything else, other than RC that is, that is so realistic.

VoxATC is okay (in some areas?) for GA flights, but I really don't think it suits airliners. At least I couldn't get on with it.

Proflight is a glorified "adventure" simulator, isn't it? I didn't think it was realistic enough for decent ATC. But please do contradict me if it is good.

Regards

Pete

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Thumbs up

Thanks to all who took the time to respond! I really almost got it but I will relent now and wait for RC v5. I have 4 but have been waiting to use it since I got into my full size LJ. However, I just realized I could in theory run RC v4 on one of my PMRJ PCs and have the response window in one of the RMU windows! That would save me the performance hit on the FS machine.

The biggest reason I wanted PFE 2000 was the different accents and having weather reported on takeoff.
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

500+ This must be a daytime job

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlin View Post
    I just realized I could in theory run RC v4 on one of my PMRJ PCs and have the response window in one of the RMU windows! That would save me the performance hit on the FS machine.
    I have RC on the same PC as my pmSystems, pmSounds, FS Real Time, SA_WXR, and ASX. I have the menu window, presented by the ShowText utility, originally packaged with AdvDisplay, in a corner of my EICAS. Very handy.

Regards

Pete

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

I am right on the edge of getting VOX ATC. Its supposed to be able to handle not only GA but tubes as well. It has all the little goodies we have been asking MS for for a couple of versions now (in-flight holds, reroutes...). The main selling point on it is its voice reconition. No mouse clicks or buttons, just talk like I do when I really fly.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

150+ Forum Groupie

Andy
    Have you tried out the demo version of Vox ATC? It has a couple of flights you can try before you buy. I have tried them and found the voice recognition to be very good but preferred RC 4.
    Bill

10. Thanks AndyT thanked for this post
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

Thanks Bill. What makes you prefer RC4 over VOX?
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

150+ Forum Groupie

Andy
    I didn't give VOX a real good try but generally didn't like the sound of my own voice repeatedly chattering!!! I also found (I only did the one flight (737) twice that VOX gave me a much longer base and final phase which I found maybe a little unrealistic but do try the demo please. The full version does do SIDS and STARS.
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast