Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Any news from Project Magenta?

Very long time without any word from them, are they releasing any update? When?

If someone know please speak!!!

Best Regards,

75+ Posting Member

I think they have other priority! Maybe in prfeessional users?!
    There are so many small/big bugs in PM that (imho) it would be possible to release at least 1 new update in the month.

Its not a good way to try to fix all bugs in one step and let the user wait for month with the result that many new bugs are build in, cause there was new pre-releases or betas.

Iam sad about this...

Thomas

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Keep in mind guys, we use the same software that the Pro's have.

any updates they get we get. so if we aren't getting any, then neither are they.

Trev

75+ Posting Member

Well guys,

No PR is worse than bad PR, as crazy as its sounds..

Silence and the Magenta team have gone very silent this last year is not good publicity.

I know we all support them, I definitely do as I have been a user since 2001 and do not need to see new releases every few weeks, but I do miss a regular update on what they are actually working on, that is if they are working on anything at all.. (see above.. NO PR even if bad can cause rumors to arise)

I am getting tons of mails each and every week from people who want to start building a pit and are asking me about PM, all I can do lately is to ask them to visit me to see the results, few do as it means they have to travel, whereas a few years back I would not have hesitated to recommend them sky high.

Lets see what happens, the current builds (737) work for me, but this is also the most developed suite of them all.

Peter Nielsen
    VATSIM Europe Division Director
    VATEUD1
    www.vateud.org
    www.vateud-td.org
    55.000 members in Europe and counting

500+ This must be a daytime job 737NUT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Hale View Post
    Keep in mind guys, we use the same software that the Pro's have.

any updates they get we get. so if we aren't getting any, then neither are they.

Trev
    If thats the case then they will would or will be out of business soon!!!!! Come on Trevor, the pro's wouldn't have or use software that doesn't act like the real plane for training. I have seen, sat in, and played with a real NG cockpit. PM is a far cry from reality. Our version anyways. There are freeware versions now that as or more accurate out there. That my friend is the issue here. We paid good money for a this product and support has all but disappeared.

300+ Forum Addict Ray Proudfoot's Avatar

Because the PM team have no obligation to reply to posts on this forum you're unlikely to hear from them.

However they do have an obligation to reply to posts to the support address. It seems to me that this is the only way people are going to have their concerns listened to and hopefully the bugs can be corrected.

I will write to them about the aircraft turning in towards a waypoint when within 8 miles. This happens in FSX but not FS9 with the same PMDG aircraft.

I would urge all of you with complaints to do the same. As much as we hope for PM to post here in reality it appears to be a pipe dream.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Oh Boy! Here we go again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 737NUT View Post
    If thats the case then they will would or will be out of business soon!!!!! Come on Trevor, the pro's wouldn't have or use software that doesn't act like the real plane for training. I have seen, sat in, and played with a real NG cockpit. PM is a far cry from reality. Our version anyways. There are freeware versions now that as or more accurate out there. That my friend is the issue here. We paid good money for a this product and support has all but disappeared.

Hey Rob,

LOL I think you may have misunderstood me before you jumped on top of me. (my wife is only supposed to do that) LOL Project Magenta "Professional Users" the ones with the Commercial license do USE THE SAME RELEASES we use. (Actually they are still using earlier more stable versions "Pre-navigraph days")

I am Sorry if you don't buy that, but the only benefit they get with the license is that they can use the software commercially and they get a different level of support.

Anyway, thats the information I have. If you have different information I would appreciate it, thats what I have been told many times from the PM Team.
    Last edited by Trevor Hale; 06-21-2008 at 09:31 AM.

300+ Forum Addict Ray Proudfoot's Avatar

I wrote to PM support and have already had replies from Thomas and Jonathan. I'm using an old version of FSUIPC4 so once I have completed my current flight I will install 4.287 and see if that solves things.

If it doesn't then I'm sure PM will look into this.

Hi guys,

Been a PM user now for six years. I am using the 767 software. It is well behind the Airbus or NG development. Mind you PM did state that in the beginning. I recently mailed Enrico regarding a request for some changes/improvements in the 767 suite. He replied within an hour and told me it was something that could be done and its in his to do folder. I have found Enrico reliable to date. I understand peoples concerns especially when we all take into account the high cost of the software. But I do believe the wait will be worth it. I think Ray makes a valid point that peolple should voice in a reasonable manner to the PM team any concerns. Perhaps folks could start a thread listing bugs etc for the entire community to see. Then point the PM team to this thread. I have found that angry emails go unanswered.

James

75+ Posting Member

a company removes its public forum that was a wealth of knowledge....and none of you even realise whats going on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast