Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by Kennair View Post
    Nice setup Dan. Is that a homemade seat or a modified car seat?

Ken.
    Hi Ken,
    Yes, its a homemade seat. I got the plans from the flightsim.com "how to" section and based it roughly on those and then covered it with 2inch foam and grey fake sheepskin type material. Took about a day to make, still need to figure out some sort of rails to get it to slide back and forward though and maybe put armrests on it.
    Will get around to making another one soon for the co-pilot side.

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dan George

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlin View Post
    ....because maybe you:

Like flying into even smaller airports?
    Like flying an aircraft that is different?
    Like how responsive and 'hot rod' like a business jet is compared to an airliner?
    Like how you can park right at the front door of the FBO instead of at a gate?
    Like the Falcon a ton!

ROFL Thanks Eric... I needed that LOL and your 100% right. I enjoy climbing out at a rate twice that of a 73.. LOL

I remember during World flight, having to be told to slow down, and slow down, for the darn Boeing's in front of me LOL

Boeing 777 Builder

Quote Originally Posted by DanGeorge View Post
    Hi Ken,
    Yes, its a homemade seat. I got the plans from the flightsim.com "how to" section and based it roughly on those and then covered it with 2inch foam and grey fake sheepskin type material. Took about a day to make, still need to figure out some sort of rails to get it to slide back and forward though and maybe put armrests on it.
    Will get around to making another one soon for the co-pilot side.

Dan
    Thanks Dan. I was looking at building seats based on the same plans. Looking at using furniture castors embedded in timber rails for movement. There was a post in the forums somewhere suggesting how to do this. I've got car seats at the moment but they're too wide.

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

Boeing 777 Builder

Yes that is an awesome seat Mike. I watched your progress on it eagerly, but how are you mounting it i.e. what rails?

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

Fantastic seat Mike, I think you should get the award for best homemade seat! Don't suppose you want to pop over here to England and build me a couple of them!!??
    Dan George

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Thanks Dan. It was an interesting build and I learned how to sew.

It's not mounted yet. Since my FS computer is also my internet and task computer, this chair sits in the FO position until I decide to fly. I then change places with the office chair when it's time to fly.

Until I can get the simulator isolated and get away from this computer for routine tasks and the internet this is the arrangement I have to use for now.

The plus side is that I'm always sitting in the cockpit. Just not always in that chair.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!