300+ Forum Addict Ray Proudfoot's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Unhappy PMDG737 turns in towards waypoints in FSX

Having recently upgraded my system I'm flying FSX more and more. I fly the PMDG737 minus their panel. I'm finding that the aircraft always turns into the waypoint in the last mile or so. With the same aircraft and PM software this does not happen in FS9.

Is this just a case of the aircraft model needing tweaking for FSX or is there a setting in the MCP.ini that controls how close to a waypoint the aircraft needs to be before it switches to the next one?

PS. How do I convert my points into Air Miles?

Thanks.

You are not alone with that problem. I asked PM support and they said they could not reproduce the problem, so I'm sure they will not likely fix it.

Your idea may be the best option yet but I don't think there is an mcp.ini setting that controls that. My guess would be that it is hard coded in the program and this should be easy for PM to change that if they acknowledged there is a problem with FSX & PM. Could well be that FSX alone is the problem, but since this not likely to get fixed by Microsoft, PM is our only hope.

Maurice

Angry

You know Maurice, there really ought to be sophisticated logging routines with PM so they can troubleshoot this kind of problem. I wonder if the logging option in the MCP can generate such data. I'll check.

I'm mystified why these problems cannot be replicated by PM. I've seen the LNAV problem on my system with both FS9 and FSX as well as on Pete Dowson's system running FSX. I'm absolutely baffled and exasperated that PM cannot reproduce it or the one above.

New releases with ambiguous notes in the readme and a greatly reduced presence on support forums lead me to believe support isn't what it used to be.

It's very frustrating having these issues with very expensive software with no indication of any fix in the offing. And it's not as if FSX is a new release. 18 months into its life cycle and we still have this kind of problem. How disappointing.

Ray,

I & many others I'm sure share your disappointment with the current level of PM support. But unless PM officially announces they are no longer supporting their products (I certainly hope not), I still have hope that they will eventually deal with the long standing known bugs at least, and maybe even new ones if we are lucky.

Personally, I wish they would charge a nominal fee for updates as an incentive to come up with updates, but Enrico rejected that idea when I suggested that to him almost 2 years ago. S, I think their heart is still in the right place and they must be having some other problems which are preventing them from taking care of these thorny issues, so I still have faith in them to eventually deliver (can't afford to lose faith .

Maurice

Hi Maurice,

The level of support and involvement with the customer would have to increase spectacularly before a fee became feasible. I don't think Enrico would want to go down that route because of all the administration involved.

Looking at the Boeing Suite we're up to build 452 of the Glass Cockpit but the documentation behind the 'changes' link stops at 446. The MCP is build 442 but the notes stop at 416 and finally the CDU is build 394 and the notes include 394 but say 'interface tests'. Huh?

This is just awful. It takes very little time to write meaningful notes for a release. I know Jonathan visits here from time to time so I just hope they read this and make an effort to bring things up to date.

At best it's laziness and at worse it makes me feel as though there will be very few changes to the packages. I wonder what Enrico is doing these days. I don't get the feeling he's working on the Boeing package.