Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Greetings from an ex-ATC guy

Hi all. Been lurking for years, flying X-Plane in the background, and for the past six years dreaming about taking the next step. I'm there, and here as a result.

I'm an ex-ATC guy, private pilot (licensed back in 1978 but lapsed badly), designer, technology tinkerer, artist and husband/dad living in a nice part of southern Ontario. Close enough to Toronto to get my urban fix when I need to, but only a 10 minute commute to work where I live.

And I'm here, finally, as I make the transition from screen to much larger hardware. It looks like an awesome community here ... friendly and knowledgeable, and I will be posting more of my project(s) in the coming months.

PS. Earliest memories of my dad are either watching his baseball games, or him taking me to Terminal One at CYYZ to watch the airplanes. Thanks, dad!

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I can tell you that I too used to watch planes from the Parking garage at the former Terminal 1.

We had to graduate to the donut shop or Fed Ex building when they tore down the old terminal.

Never the less, I am sure that is partially what brought you here.

I only moved away from the Big Smoke 2 years ago, and only miss it for the ability to slide over to the airport to watch the planes land on 24 from Carlingview.

Either way. Welcome to Mycockpit.org. I am sure that you will find the thousands of threads we have in the forum will keep you occupied in your quest for knowledge on the simulator building front.

Please feel free to post pictures in the Gallery and as always, don't be afraid to ask questions. We are all Builders helping other builders, and we all are at different skill sets and levels.

Best regards, and welcome again.

Trev