Thread: Fsuipc

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Fsuipc

Hi,

Does anyone know if the new FSUIPC mousetrapping capability include the 737-800NG Overhead Trim Air switch? I couldn't find it in the macro. If not in the macro, how do I program it in?

Many Thanks

Rob

Don't take this wrong, but read the manual there is a section about mousecatching and you will be able to add any clickspot that is mapable. If it's a rotary with different directions map each direction one at a time and name them "+, -, <, or > along with the switch name. in the file named for the aircraft. Manual explains it very well.
    Regards,
    Brian

MyCockpit Support Staff

Hi Rob, I can't help with your issue unfortunately but wanted to ask you if you had any problems with losing your Open GL gauges after installing FSUIPC 3.81? I can't use V3.81 as it knocks my sim out of action. I put a thread in about it but no-one replied.

Regards,

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

150+ Forum Groupie

Brian,

Thanks for your help, got it now. Could you explain a little more about using and mapping a rotary - both encoder and switch. Not very intelligent when it comes to some of this stuff.

Gwyn,

I don't know if it's FSUIPC or the PMDG interface but since I bought and loaded the Engravity CDU I've has problems with both keyboard commands and FS works with the CDU but when I exit, the Task Manager shows FS as still being connected. To get FS to work again I have to restart the computer. Stef at Engravity said that he has heard some others who had keyboard problems and it was the version of FSUIPC they were using. I'd suggest that if it has only occured since loading the latest version, change the version and see if that fixes it. Peter Dowson is on vacation 'till 19 May so I'll be dropping him a line to see if it is the FSUIPC. Unfortunately I installed the latest version before installing the CDU, and the website doesn't have any older versions on it so I'm kinda stuck. From what Stef told me, the CDU is seen as a gauge so it may be FSUIPC.

Rob

5. Thanks Westozy thanked for this post
    500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

Engravity CDU/PMDG 737

gentlemen, good day.......
    re: the PMDG interface, when you install the software from PMDG, it 'rearranges' your keyboard commands because it adds extra commands (for the 747 i think),forcing you to go thru your assignments and correct them.
    i found this out when i first got the CDU and again when i replaced the main cockpit computer and had to install everything on the new machine. i keep an excel file of all my key commands which makes life easier when re-assigning.
    re: the 'FS still active' issue, i think the problem is not FSUIPC related. my 2 cents worth is that the CDU being on a software 'bridge' doesn't shut down when you exit FS.
    when exitting FS, i always click on PMDG/Engravity CDU to get the interface window open,
    click the Disconnect Button and then Close. FS and the computer then shutdown normally.
    if i forget to do this, then when i turn off the machine, i am presented with the 'End Program' box on screen.
    so my best guess is that although FS is shutdown and off screen, the CDU is still hooked up.
    disconnecting the CDU works everytime. even re-starting FS without a re-boot.
    have a great day chaps...... ian

500+ This must be a daytime job

we are talking about different problems here:

1. PMDG CDU driver installing a new key assignment list. This happens by default and allthough it might be annoying because you have to reassign your key commands its not a big problem. This is NOT a bug.

2. Complete loss of the keyboard. I think Rob experienced this too i. I got this reported before by 2 customers. They solved it by changing their FSUIPC. I dont have a clue what the relation between FSUIPC, the PMDG CDU driver and a complete loss of keyboard might be.

3. FS9.exe still staying active in the process list after exiting FS9. This can be solved by disconnecting the cdu before exiting or killing the process. Stange enough this doesnt allways occur. It happens on my laptop, but not on my desktop. This is NOT FSUIPC related.

4. Loss of gauges. Gwyn are you just loosing the standby's or the entire undocked glass cockpit ? Dit it occur after upgrading your fsuipc to the latest ?

5. Rob looses complete screens after installing the pmdg cdu driver. Never seen this happen and so far im puzzled by what might cause this.

To get back to topic: dont have a clue how to make the trim air switch work

Stef
    www.boeing737ng.com

MyCockpit Support Staff

Quote Originally Posted by dnoize View Post
    4. Loss of gauges. Gwyn are you just loosing the standby's or the entire undocked glass cockpit ? Dit it occur after upgrading your fsuipc to the latest ?

Stef
    Hi Stef,
    When I install FSUIPC V3.81, all my Open GL pop out gauges and the MCP digits on the 2D panel disappear and I have a blank MIP. Restarting FS and rebooting has no effect. Replacing FSUIPC V3.40 restores my gauges, I'm really stumped and disappointed that I can't start working on the overhead panel. Peter D will probably have an answer when he gets back from holidays, fingers crossed!

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Guys,

Sorry to hear that Gwyn. Perhaps my problem with the diaplay screen may related to two comp[onents - PMSG Interface and the new FSUIPC. Have left a message with Peter Dowson.

Rob

150+ Forum Groupie

Thanks Ian,

Will try that method and see if it makes any difference. When I exit without disconnecting I have to use the Task Manager to shut down FS, and then reboot the computer to get the initial screen to display the aircraft. Only been happening since installing the CDU and accompanying interfaces.

One other quick question - have you found a work around to arm the spoilers without having to open the TQ window? That's just about all I have left to "fix" and then I've got 90% + with the new FSUIPC

Thanks

Rob

PS What's the thinking to starting a PMDG 737 section as I find most of the info posted relates to PM type software and problems. Just a thought.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Ian,

Tried your process to exiting the CDU and FS. The disconnect works in that I still have to use the Task Manager to shut down FS, but I'm not having to reboot the system to get FS to work again. So my problems are partly solved. Did notice something else though and don't really know what it's connected to. When I first start up from cold and dark in full screen, the fire warning bells work fine, even when I have all the power up, CPU running and all but engines started. However when I go to the windowed screen and back, I lose the alarm bells, just the switch clicking. Not a big deal, but an anomaly just the same.

Any thoughts anyone?

Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast