Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

As far as I know, Lewis has the first 787 panels for home builders in the whole world

Thats a good start for a cool project.

Phil did a very sweet job on those panels. (drool, drool, drool ).

Looking very much forward to watch this project step forward. It sure is a good challenge to build a simulator, where there is no software available. But Lewis is young and maybe can learn to program this on his own.

But do yourself a favour Lewis. At least get the 787 half done before you start on another sim. You need time to enjoy also. With 4 sims to build at the same time, you wont have time for school and sleep ( or girls ) .

I have a big enough challenge to build a 737, considering economic and available time. Have passed 1600 working hours on my simulator, and it is half way finished. Dont even want to write how much bucks spent.

But if you are good to do all 4 sims and can finish them in a quality you are happy with (which is the most important), then I wish you the best luck. The most important thing is anyway that you have a hobby which will give you lots of fun, teach you a lot and it will give you friends from all over the world at all ages. Thats a very good thing.

I am looking very much forward to see pictures as you progress and also hope you enlighten us how you want to build your sim with hardware, software and interfacing.

Are your sims to have a shell also?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ivar hestnes View Post
    As far as I know, Lewis has the first 787 panels for home builders in the whole world

Thats a good start for a cool project.

Phil did a very sweet job on those panels. (drool, drool, drool ).

Looking very much forward to watch this project step forward. It sure is a good challenge to build a simulator, where there is no software available. But Lewis is young and maybe can learn to program this on his own.

But do yourself a favour Lewis. At least get the 787 half done before you start on another sim. You need time to enjoy also. With 4 sims to build at the same time, you wont have time for school and sleep ( or girls ) .

I have a big enough challenge to build a 737, considering economic and available time. Have passed 1600 working hours on my simulator, and it is half way finished. Dont even want to write how much bucks spent.

But if you are good to do all 4 sims and can finish them in a quality you are happy with (which is the most important), then I wish you the best luck. The most important thing is anyway that you have a hobby which will give you lots of fun, teach you a lot and it will give you friends from all over the world at all ages. Thats a very good thing.

I am looking very much forward to see pictures as you progress and also hope you enlighten us how you want to build your sim with hardware, software and interfacing.

Are your sims to have a shell also?

Ivar I think you may be correct with your statement. I did have a conversation with the Boeing Corp. recently and they did mention to me that FDS did produce a set of panels for them some time ago for one of their 787 simulators that would be accessible to the general public.

Congrats Lewis on the 787 stuff and I hope you run with it!

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by warvet View Post
    VIDAR! lol
    There is nothing normal about you at all stop trying to fool these nice people, I've known you for years and you've never been normal LOL As for the YODA, yes you do have a striking resemblance to him LOL Irts ok you know I love ya my Norse friend..All hail the Vikings ..Vidar's new name...VIDAR THE WISE SIM BUILDER LMAO

Your Friend always

Tim
    A340
    Canada
    Okay, you got me. As for the Yoda thingy: The only place I resemble the old Jedi Master, is the haircut.
    Hmm... and i DO get a bit green when I have inhaled too much soldering fumes...

Go easy on me on the nicknames, Tim. Remember: Norwegians kill whales for fun!

Nah, better get back to the MIP and the soldering iron. And tomorrow, a new little package from FDS arrives. Just some spare parts to complete my MIP (some items was missing in action, but that's what you get when ordering a brand new product. FDS' service was second-to-none this time too!).

The 787 looks sweet, but my next sim (If I ever build one) will be the 747 - or if I want to be modest, the Dash Q400. You need some steamgauges in your life...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567