Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tracy Hale
    Quote Originally Posted by mauriceb View Post
    You keep asking meaningless questions which lead to nothing over & over since you must have changed your mind at least a dozen times since then and you still have nothing to show. Isn't it time you had a bowel movement or got off the pot?

Since some men put their "2 cents" in the wives section I figured I'd put in mine...and it helps that I'm Director of H.R.

I think the above quote is what is a little discouraging. Who are we to judge whether he can do it or not. Dreams are good. Sometimes they turn out, sometimes they don't.

I dream of having a million dollars in my bank account but that is more than likely one dream that won't come true....especially with all those "$58" items that land in my home.

I wish Lewis all the luck in the world if he can pull this off. He will have trying times and he will have awesome rewarding times. Lord knows I've heard a few colorful words coming from my basement some days

I was under the impression that MyCockpit.org was a site that all sim enthusiast can come and share, ask for help, pick each other's brains etc. "Support" is a very good word that should be used

2. Thanks W9XE/Project777 thanked for this post
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Hale View Post

I was under the impression that MyCockpit.org was a site that all sim enthusiast can come and share, ask for help, pick each other's brains etc. "Support" is a very good word that should be used
    You are absolutely correct. But so is a reality check useful now & then don't you think? Would you encourage someone to jump off a cliff because they think they can fly?

Maurice

Tracy Hale
    You are absolutely correct. But so is a reality check useful now & then don't you think? Would you encourage someone to jump off a cliff because they think they can fly?

Maurice
    If someone is stupid enough to jump off a cliff, who am I to stop them

MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar

Airbus

I don't think encouraging him to keep dreaming is doing him any favour. The only encouragement he needs is to actually start doing something and learn something useful in the process, because we all know there is a steep learning curve ahead.

Maurice
    Actually to encourage him to dream is the best thing... Since I was 8 years old I dreamt about flying Airliners... Grew up with it... And now I am flying an A-320! If this kid wants to build 10 sims we should encourage him but I don´t think you get nothing positive out of being quoting old posts from him... or even being skeptical about it... The point is I don´t care if he has the money or not... if he is going to acomplish it or not.. What we should care about is helping him out!

Regards,

Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Hale View Post
    If someone is stupid enough to jump off a cliff, who am I to stop them
    Yeah, but I'm sure your conscience would bother you if you did nothing to prevent it

Lewis is very likely to build or buy something sooner or later. Giving him a little push is the best thing we can do for him right now. Once he starts, I'm sure he will get all the help he needs to build at least one of his dreams.

Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by dodiano View Post
    What we should care about is helping him out!

Regards,

Roberto
    If helping him out is telling him to go for it when everyone here really thinks this is a pipe dream despite what they say publicly, then I'm guilty of being a dream killer. And yes, I do know that big dreams sometimes lead to big accomplishments, but only if there is follow-up action.

Sorry Lewis, but I know that if you really want to accomplish your dream, you need to get started. Telling you anything else is dishonest at best in my opinion.

Maurice (I think I've said enough about this subject)

Airbus

Ok I really got to say this if I get booted well so be it.
    I like Lewis and i think hes a really good kid with a great mind and fantastic attitude. Do I agree with Matt about better than being in the streets etc..absolutely 100%
    do i want to discourage him from being here or building or dreaming NOT A CHANCE!
    Also Tracy I thought what you said about us putting our two cents inyour little area of forums so you should be able to in ours was not only very funny but very true and I always enjoy the ladies comments because most times they lend a different perspective than what we males tend to see from which is definitely refreshing. Am I being politically correct and stepping lightly in this post! **** No , I am me 100% of the time, so rest assured when i speak its from the heart and my guts.
    Now I think to set your sights and start envisioning 4 sim 2 motion 2 not etc and 2 of those being A/C that are not even close to being in the sim world yet due to how incredibly new in the real aviation world. 5 years from now maybe who knows but not right now, so is it wrong for Lewis to dream of doing them? Absolutely Not! So in that respect I agree with Trev, Joe, Matt Tracy etc but... and this is a big BUT!
    This young man has been attempting to build a sim of any kind for a while now 737 777 747 etc etc 900 NG 800G 380 etc the list goes on so is he guilty of being a useless waste of our time? NO hes guilty of indecision as all of us were at one time.And here comes the But
    ..and ill adress this respectfully to Lewis so he doesnt feel like a little kid in an all adult forum that are making decisions for him as if he doesnt count or his opinion doesnt matter because ndeed he does and it does.

Lewis, you are a very enthusistic builder with a great dream to own a wonderful personally built sim the same as the rest of us and that in itself is admirable and terrific. However to really be able to answer alot of the questions you ask requires that actual hands on experience that you so far have failed to accomplish. Now that said this is my recommendation to you, pick only 1 of those 4 sim types, map out everything it takes to built it. Once you have done that start building the framework and make some essential purchases. Ok once that is done open a forum thread and show us what you have done and have a well thought out list of no more than 5 questions that directly pertain to your next bilding steps only and we will bust our balls to help you answer them. If you truly want to gain your peers respect and have us feel that your questions are being helpful to your sim advancement is on the right track. Now im not saying you must obtain our approval or our respect or admiration Im simply saying it will most beneficial if you do to some degree. I do agree with Maurice whole heartedly with the fact you need to put screwdriver to screw hand to saw and dollar to seller and start making it happen if not for anyone but yourself. Talking will not make your sim get built, practice, $$$ , mistakes, TIME, effort, sweat, tears etc makes it happen. So all Maurice is saying is if you want a sim build it if allm, ya want to do is become a knowledge bank of info on sims but have none then dont build it. I hope you understand Lewis noone here dislikes you or thinks your stupid but I do think that your mouth is writing checks your butt cant cash./ So build the base of 1 and well check in on ya then.your posts are always welcome and what help you offer appreciated by all Lewis, but talk less build more and your sim will be a reality before ya know it.

My 2 cents that turned into $1.83

Tim
    A340
    Canada

500+ This must be a daytime job BHawthorne's Avatar

I'm definitely not one to rain on anyone's parade, but whatever you do, build them portible. In a few years you're not going to want to live with the parents much longer.

Super Moderator

Thumbs up

I can’t help but think that Lewis is a very young adult whom reminds me of myself when I was his age. As adults I think we need to accommodate his interests and keep the future flight sim builders hooked so this great hobby continues to endure.

My next comment is purely funny and is not to be taken seriously. To all the opposition here I can not help but hear the over tones of Top Gun the motion picture, “Maveric your holding on too tight”.

Having just read this thread and finding out your age I would like to offer something else to think about. I will only keep this short.

I totally understand your love for flight and your desire to build the best simulators possible but I encourage you to build small at this time in your life.

Your still only young so what you do now lays the foundations for the rest of your life. In todays world now more than ever is a strong foundation nessessary.
    Right now you should be focusing more on what you want to do for as a career and working towards that. Your only a few years from graduating high school and your results will dictate the choices your have as a career.

As Im sure you know, most of us here were already well established in our careers before we began our simulators.

I know I sound like a parent and I dont mean to be, But my advice is to get your best friends together, Build the best damn sim you guys can, But also keep a strong focus on were you want to be in 10 years time. Believe me it will be worth it.

Gary

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast