Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

pmRJ - Terrain, WXR, CDU and other... (issues)

Hi all,

I spend hours to get this thing work (TERRAIN), but nothing is displayed on ND. I gave a try to get work WXR via pmGetWeather, but the application is running weather maps are downloding regulary file is created, but again nothing on ND. I send request to PM support, but until now silence....

Can anyone who has running Terrain and (or) WXR with pmRJ send me his pmRJ INI files and shortly describe if there are any specific settings?

I'm running pmRJ build 86.

I fly with Cessna Citation X (750) - has anyone config file for this jet? Otherwise I'll create one.

Is there anyone who is running pmRJ with boeing CDU (FMC) ?

Any help appriciated. Thanks in advance,

Igor

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Hi Igor,

Please do a search in the forums, we just had a thread regarding this about a month ago.

Terrain does work with the PMRJ,

You need to create the terrain files with WHATSUP PLUS, you get a free reg code with your PMRJ registration.

There are some terrain files in our download section.

Ensure your net dir is correct in the ini file, and that the terrain files are in the proper location.

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Hale View Post

You need to create the terrain files with WHATSUP PLUS, you get a free reg code with your PMRJ registration.

There are some terrain files in our download section.

Ensure your net dir is correct in the ini file, and that the terrain files are in the proper location.

Trev
    Thanks Trevor,

I read all threads about and set it up as discussed but it is not working.
    Let me describe what I try and what I see:
    I have terrain files in \Terrain subfolder of pmRJ. Downloaded from this site.
    I maintain/climb/descent over covered area 0-3000-7000-10000-5000-2000-0 feet (I read that it shows below 5000ft only). WXR is OFF (it should be). When approching area which is covered message NO TERR changes to TERR (in this mode it should appear) and can be switched to TERR AVAIL (is there, but is switched off - in this mode I do not want to show terrain). Radius changed to 5,10,25,40,50,75,80,150 (less than 80 is recommended).
    Because of this behaviour I expect that terrain files was located successfuly.
    ND is black - only flight path is displayed. I tried to change mode, color 3D, but nothing appears on ND. I flew (hours) over KLAX, KSFO,EDDM,EDDS,....and many others. I installed demo of pmRJ to another PC (I expect terrain should work in demo as well) and it seems to be not an issue with PC or graphic card. Same results - nothing!

To the netdir: Maybe this is the problem !.
    I do not have CDU so I do not have any netdir. Could this be a problem? Where to create it and what to put there? PM documentation says about almost nothing in case you do not have CDU. That's why I asked someone who has it up and running to provide me with INI files and short description about settings which I should follow.

Igor

Yes, lets say you do not have a CDU. I would still create a shared directory on the FSPC (not in program files) and share it between all computers.

Edit the ini file to have the net director listed. You can use the checkver program that you can download from PM website. This will tell you if your net directory is set up properly. I bet you dollars to donuts this is your issue.

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Hale View Post
    Yes, lets say you do not have a CDU. I would still create a shared directory on the FSPC (not in program files) and share it between all computers.

Edit the ini file to have the net director listed. You can use the checkver program that you can download from PM website. This will tell you if your net directory is set up properly. I bet you dollars to donuts this is your issue.

Trev
    PMFileCheck.exe return:
    Looking for NETDIR from CDU

FAIL - Can't check NETDIR path, CDU/MCDU is not running
    > Please run the CDU/MCDU for this test

There is no NetDir definition in pmrj.ini file. Even when I add one it is ignored.
    Do you know exacly where and how to do it. PM manuals says that NetDir is required only in case you have CDU!

Hmm, I am not sure where that is done, however here is what I would suggest you do. Download the CDU Demo program.

Use the demo to create the net directory. All your INI files will then be created with the net directory.

I am sure it needs this for the terrain to work.

Also in that other PMRJ thread, have a look and private message the other gent that had the same issue as you do. FInd out if he solved it.

My only other suggestion is email Project Magenta Support.

Sorry, I run the Boeing suite, however I know that the PMRJ does work with the terrain.

Trev

10+ Posting Member

Same probs

Hi Gereda,

i must say i have EXACTLY the same problems. Only thing I can add is that it has worked fine a long time !

I always noted that terrain display starts a littel later that the rest of PMRJ features. And when I tried the different terrain disply options, it could need a minut to work ! But since a year, nothing !

I had a few mail with PM, but thay said it si working and that my computer has a problem !

it is a Athlon 1800+, XP Sp2 and the only software that are running are Wide cleint, PMRJ and GF keys. It runs PMRJ fine with 25 fps !

The lack of support for PMRJ (and there are a lot of bugs to correct !) is a shame and I cannot say I am right to buy the CDU !

Best regards

Denis