Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi Roberto,

if you pull the thrust levers back from the climb gate, is the thrust still limited to climb thrust i.e. if you want any more than climb thrust (as calculated by FMGS), you need the thrust levers at least in the CLB gate?

thanks,
    Ryan.

Roberto,
    Its funny I was going to say pretty much all you did but not as thorough,professionally or eloquently very nice explanation. By the way Aqua FYI only Roberto actually flies a 320 for a living

Tim
    A340

I don't care what anybody else says, but I like seeing my autothrotttles handles move physically in response to A/T power changes instead of just seeing gauges move in an LCD screen. . I must admit though, the LCD graphics in an Airbus are quite 'attractive'

Maurice

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Talking Airbus intelligence

Maurice, we trust the intelligence of the Airbus brain We don't need to see the throttles move.... We know the Airbus brain will take care of the aircraft with confidence.

Matt O.

Airbus

Ya Maurice,
    Just like we know your brain doesn't work just because we don't see your lips move when you type wahahahahaha lol

Tim
    A340
    Canada

MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar

Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by ryanf View Post
    Hi Roberto,

if you pull the thrust levers back from the climb gate, is the thrust still limited to climb thrust i.e. if you want any more than climb thrust (as calculated by FMGS), you need the thrust levers at least in the CLB gate?

thanks,
    Ryan.
    Actually it is not that it is limited to Climb thrust when you move it out of the gate you basically what you are doing is disconnecting the Autothrust system and reverting it to a manual thrust mode so... You have more than enough Power to fly it that way it is harder to understand if you do not see it but between Climb gate and Flex and Toga is not that much of the difference regarding phisical movement of the levers... You revert to a Thrust lever angle mode basically what that means is that the position of the thrust levers will command the thrust so you are not limited to Climb thrust basically between Idle and Climb you are commanding manually around 85% (not exact about that number) of the thrust power available...
    For example from Climb to FLX/MCT during a landing if the autothrust starts behaving funny during the flare and you get an underpower condition you can move the levers slightly out of climb even up to Flex and then throw them back to idle that will give you an extra amount of thrust like you will in a Cessna or any other aircraft if a little bit of more power is needed it is very rare this happens but it does....
    TOGA is only a GO AROUND Condition where you apply full power and you command the plane to revert to a Go around mode where your flight directors and several other indications revert to a missed approach or go around condition and they come in automatically when you throw the levers all the way to TOGA...

Regards,

Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Olieman View Post
    Maurice, we trust the intelligence of the Airbus brain We don't need to see the throttles move.... We know the Airbus brain will take care of the aircraft with confidence.

Matt O.
    Ah, but I did not say I didn't trust the intelligence of the Airbus. In fact it is likely more 'intelligent' than the 'cowboy types' who fly the Boeing's (apologies to cows & cowboys), but deny it as you may, I know that you too would secretly love to see your throttle handles move.

After all, you are a man and men like mechanical things, period. No use denying it, falsifying it, belittling it or making fun of it. You too like tools & mechanical monsters that move. No way could I ever believe that if you had an option of having moving throttles & spoilers in an Airbus that you would say, no thanks...I have my gauges. Yeah right!

Maurice

75+ Posting Member

Thanks Roberto!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12