Quote Originally Posted by turbopropdriver View Post
Simkits might have stopped selling the multicontroller because they have started selling USB instruments, but you could contact them to see if they have any old stock.

Making your instruments servo driven if you use say a full set of primary flight instruments and for arguments sake just 6 other engine/systems instruments, is always going to cost more than a cheap secondhand 15" monitor to put behind a panel. Servos alone will cost you between 7 and 10 pounds each and you're going to require probably 16 for a very basic set up.

So far, I have 29 servos in my F27 with another 10 waiting to be used and that will just get my main panel done, not the overheads etc !

What type of aircraft would you like to build ? It may be worth researching other people's projects and see if anything takes your fancy.
You have to balance cost and also your abilities, and the best bit of advice that I can give you is, be careful about being over ambitious. Remember that we do this to "fly". I tend to get a few things working on my sims then fly for a while and enjoy before I move onto the next task. The first thing that I always do is link up the yoke and rudder pedals, get the sound system in and some kind of visuals and enjoy simming for a while before moving onto the engine controls and instruments.

Good luck, Dean
£7-£10 Per servo seems okay.
I want to build a Spitfire Mk 9; Not that many dials and instruments really, as of its simplicity.
First thing I am building is the pilots seat, which will house a custom built PC case underneath. Then from that I'll be building the throttles/chassis lever and then onto Control column.

The last thing I am doing is the instrument panel, So I have plenty of time to research.

Where did you buy your servos from?

I will take your idea on contacting Simkits; Hopefully they will have some spare. What exactly is the Multi controller though? I have a rough Idea..

And when I say cheap, I mean minimum price I can find them. I don't like wasting money.

And a good site I found for someone building a spitfire Simulator is www.simhardware.org
He has some amazing work, He also made a working gauge using servos.. However only shows pictures and has no walkthroughs or guides.

Davii.