500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

PMDG Idle/Cutoff Levers

Good Day Gentlemen......
    i discovered a while ago that the PMDG 737 Idle Cutoff Levers respond to the Fuel Valve command in FS9 and not the mixture commands as do most add ons.
    FSUIPC only gives us the 'Toggle' Option in it's menu, which means that synchronisation is never going to be 100% (how many times have you forgot to set a switch before starting up?)
    ah! , but i've discovered that you can manipulate the offset in FSUIPC to give an accurate on/off state on the levers.
    in the FSUIPC Buttons and Switches Menu, in the FSCONTROL dropdown Menu is an item Offset Byte Set. this is where it's at. the parameter for Eng 1 Fuel valve is 3590 and for the Eng 2 Fuel Valve is 3594 (don't know if this works with the 747, but Eng 3 is 3598 and Eng 4 is 359C). setting the parameter (based on your switch) will give you an accurate on/off state of the levers. parameter 1 for valve open and 0 for valve closed.
    this only works with continuosly on switches (toggle or microswitch) and not with pushbuttons i'm afraid.
    simply select your button or switch and let FSUIPC identify it. select the Offset Byte Set item, change the offset to x3590 for eng1 (or the offset for the engine valve you want to control) and put a zero in the parameter box if you want the valve closed when the switch is closed (or vice versa). then go down to the 'when button released' section and reverse the parameter.
    now i've got to get FSInterrogate out and see what else we can find.
    have a great day everybody..... ian
    Attached Images Attached Images

150+ Forum Groupie

Brilliant Ian. Keep searching!!!
    Bill

Re: PMDG Idle/Cutoff Levers

Hi I am pleased to say that the above offset values do work with the PMDG 747. Although the on screen fuel cutoff switches do not move.

The good news is that you can get this to work with PUSHBUTTONS. But for a 747 you will need 8!!! 2 buttons for each engine. By entering the offset values above with parameter 1, the Fuel valve will open. You do not need anything in the "when button released" section. Another button would have the same offset value, however the parameter will need to be 0. This will Close the fuel valve.

Happy Flying

Ron