Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where oh where has the 340 gone?

Just a big ? how many guys out there on this forum are building an A340? By the way Matt did you set the 340 back up yet? Can I see some photos, I absolutely love your setup. Another question I'll be calling you soon Matt cause I really need some help with getting my thrust levers going properly, Im using GF TQ-8 right now as a controller with slide pots, but I heard its better to go with string pots any thoughts? Anyone know what and where to get string pots for thrust lever use? Matt also I still cant find the toggle switches that screw on the start toggles you had made for me Matt. Does anyone have any additional information on setting up 2 joysticks and rudder pedals with FSUIPC, how to actually setup the FSUIPC what numbers to use etc. Thank you guys so much in advance, I know im a computer idiot lol

Tim
    A340
    Canada

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Tim I'm not worth a HOOT right now... I'm learning new things here every day. Regarding my cockpit.... OUCH!!!! sore question. It's been out of commission for 1 1/2 years. I only get to play with the components in my office on an occasion

Regarding the Throttle, my plan is to redo my pot set up and go with string pots. Reverse thrust, I'm going with string pots. My rudder pedals came out of an actual Airbus Simulator, both are linked easy to connect to a pot

Regarding the Toggle siwtches... If I recall.... you only needed one?

Regarding help.... MAN.... lot of guys got a lot smarter then me and a very few short years... and I'm glad they're here to help

Matt O.

Lol Matt,
    srry to hear about the sim in mothballs my friend. Regarding the switches you gave me 1 I still need 3 Ya I think Im going to 86 my linear pots and go to string any thoughts on which ones to buy?

Tim
    A340
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by warvet View Post
    Lol Matt,
    srry to hear about the sim in mothballs my friend. Regarding the switches you gave me 1 I still need 3 Ya I think Im going to 86 my linear pots and go to string any thoughts on which ones to buy?

Tim
    A340
    Canada
    Regarding switches: I'll have to dig deep to find out wich ones those are and where I got them.

Linerar Pots:

http://mycockpit.org/forums/showthre...ht=string+pots

Post #6

Matt O.

25+ Posting Member

For Warvet

Hi there War,

Listen, I am concerned that you seem a little slow there in your moves! I would think that even Sensei Ueshiba (though not his style of arts) when he was 80 or so, could toss you around with his eyes closed!

Now I can give you some lessions in Ran Hop Tu, for sim parts. Well worth the price.

Don't worry, I won't hurt your yoke arm.

Capt. Randy

Mycockpit.org

Quote Originally Posted by warvet View Post
    Lol Matt,

Tim
    A340
    Canada
    Tim, this is the best I can do... Spent a couple of hours searching for the switch information, just can't find it, I don't recall who I bought it from. I took a pic of a spare, the part number is next to the switch. I found similar switches at Alliedelec.com. I also attached a PDF of the page from Allied, Locking Toggles.

Hope this helps.

Matt O.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Matt,
    You truly are the best, thank you so much my friend, most people would have done a 1/4 that much effort lol Greatly appreciated.

Tim
    A340
    Canada

300+ Forum Addict

Check this one Tim http://cgi.ebay.com/Eaton-Locking-Le...2em118Q2el1247

Lots of switches on ebay

Ivar,
    Thank you my friend however the stem of the toggle must fit perfectly into the Toggle cover that Matt O made for me. The problem is not finding a switch the problem is finding a switch that screws into that cover.

Tim
    A340
    Canada

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Tim

Is that picture a locking toggle, one that you need to pull before you can actuate it as well?

Trev

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast