Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Post I'm Excited About the NEW Organizational Structure Change

As the title suggests "I'm Excited About the NEW Organizational Structure Change" Very true!

First of all if you don’t know Marcia Olieman, Marcia is my wife/soul-mate for over 40 years. Besides being my soul-mate for life, she has been an avid supporter of my Flight-Sim building venture.

Marcia had the opportunity to meet many builders at Flight-Sim Conventions, and understands our enthusiasm and excitement of building a flight simulator. She's experienced/participated in a Level D simulators and Home build Simulators.

Although you normally don't see her here, "she really is." Marcia has seen this site grow and the cooperation of its membership just amazes her. In essence she is excited, enthusiastic and committed to see MyCockpit to continue to grow and succeed.

Why Marcia as President and CEO of MyCockpit? First of all, Marcia has Three College degrees. Marcia graduated with two degrees from Eastern Michigan University, with a BA in Business Management, and a MBA. Some of Marcia’s professors where from University of Michigan and corporate leaders of the Detroit business community (auto industry). Marcia has successfully been in a high level management positions for over 30 years, including currently as an administrator at a hospital.

I've asked Marcia to lead us with her business experience wisdom, as she does so successfully.

On a side note and beside my admiration of my wife’s ability to lead MyCockpit, I want to mention my experience at MyCockpit.org of other builder’s wive’s. I've noticed, in all seriousness, although there is lot's of joking by wive’s and husbands who build. They truly are supportive!!!! If it wasn't for our wive’s support, we wouldn't have this hobby. I thank you for your support and I thank them for participating in the forum.

You've noticed Tracy and Trevor Hale are included in the MyCockpit Director staff. One of the reasons they were chosen, was their support for each other. Don't misunderstand Tracy and Trevor’s joking remarks, in all seriousness Tracy is a wonderful supporter of Trevor’s Flight-Sim Building venture.

Trevor is an administrator of a leading firm in Canada. His leadership skills and enthusiasm of MyCockpit is invaluable. Tracy’s people’s skill will lead us in selecting and assuring the right person for a staff positions.

I encourage the wive’s of builders to take an active roll at MyCockpit.org.

I would like to tell you of all the wonderful plans for MyCockpit, but doing so only commits us to a time table we may not be able to keep ? We’ll keep you advised when it’s appropriate.

Larry Vandivier and I are the original founders of MyCockpit (IFSBI). Larry and I obtained advice from many fellow builders and vendors before initiating our website. We just wanted the website to be a place for builders to come together and share their experiences with other builders, new and old. We’ve included and asked others to join in with our venture. Some moved on because of other commitments, time or financial constraints. Although they are no longer are an intricate part of MyCockpit, I thank them for their contribution in making MyCockpit as it is today.

Lastly, I want to thank all the Members who have contributed to MyCockpit, without their support dedication and helping fellow builders, we would not be the “Encyclopedia” of flight-sim builders’ information we have today.

If you’d like to comment, please feel free to do so, just be kind. :)

Matt Olieman
    Last edited by Matt Olieman; 04-13-2008 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Spelling errors and double words :(

75+ Posting Member James Twomey's Avatar

Matt,

It is great to hear of this expansion. I, like many others here, are looking forward to what is to come with Mycockpit Inc. A hearty congratiolations and best wishes for the future.
    James Twomey

500+ This must be a daytime job JBaymore's Avatar

Matt,

I really enjoyed reading your posting above. Nice to hear of a couple of good relationships in this day and age of so many separations and divorces. Congratulations on the developments at MYCockpit....... but at least equally so on the really important stuff that is contained "between the lines" above.

best,

....................john

Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Great news Matt! I don’t think anything can slow mycockpit down.

I’m personally looking forward to growing with mycockpit.org

Joe

You guys have done a great job Matt. This really is a great place to get questions answered.

No one is alone with Mycockpits.org around.
    John

System:
    ASUS P5Q SE/R
    Intel Q9550 O/C to 3.4 GHz
    4 GB 1066 DDR2 RAM
    300 GB WD 10,000 RPM Raptor SATA Drive
    GeForce 8800 GT 512 KB RAM
    Matrox TH2Go with three 19" Sumsung 940 BX
    IR Track 4