Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

pmsystem alternative

im begining on my overhead and at the current time i cant afford pm systems high prices. i noticed one builder said he did his overhead without pmsystems but didnt explain. what are some alternatives to doing a 737 overhead without pm systems if any? is there a way with pmdg? or just fsuipc. or any other way im not sure of?
    thanks

150+ Forum Groupie

re overhead

Hi there- you need to talk to Ian Sissons who is a memeber of this site and he knows a lot about interfacing to PMDG - his website is www.737ng.co.uk ehich gives loads of useful info on connecting up an overhead and using PMDG in general.
    Hope that helps
    Cheers
    Steve
    another bedroom boeing.....

thanks thats really interesting i might try that. my only thing is how is he doing the anuciators. and the multi switches and rotating switches. if you have any idea can you post i cant find it on his website. but it was very informative

Hi

The idea is not bad the way Ian does it in controlling the overhead from the pmdg. The way he does it, he is using key2mouse. But this way you always need to show the overhead on a separate monitor. But the big problem you don’t get any of the Annunciator to work.

What has PM done, the only use the regular offsets to control the Sim with their PMSYSTEM. You only need to understand the logic for the overhead, than you can program with SIOC. The programming is not the hardest part, but understanding what happens when you flip a switch and so on. This would be a great project for a group of people doing the programming. It is not hard, the problem is always doing it. If anyone can remember Dutch has done a Logic for the 737 and made a video of it. But he has never got around to it in using it in the FS.

It would be great to get a project like that going, and I would also help.

Cheers Norbert

PS would be great if we can figure out how to get rid of the overhead logic in the pmdg

25+ Posting Member

Hello,

Opencockpit has already do that :

http://www.opencockpits.com/modules....=getit&lid=298

No more graphic interface in this version but all logic already programmed, you just have yo connect your hardware and configure hard and soft entries/outputs to match.

Quote Originally Posted by nricky View Post
    Hi

The idea is not bad the way Ian does it in controlling the overhead from the pmdg. The way he does it, he is using key2mouse. But this way you always need to show the overhead on a separate monitor. But the big problem you don’t get any of the Annunciator to work.

What has PM done, the only use the regular offsets to control the Sim with their PMSYSTEM. You only need to understand the logic for the overhead, than you can program with SIOC. The programming is not the hardest part, but understanding what happens when you flip a switch and so on. This would be a great project for a group of people doing the programming. It is not hard, the problem is always doing it. If anyone can remember Dutch has done a Logic for the 737 and made a video of it. But he has never got around to it in using it in the FS.

It would be great to get a project like that going, and I would also help.

Cheers Norbert

PS would be great if we can figure out how to get rid of the overhead logic in the pmdg
    id be willing to start on a group project if we can get some people and make it an open source project for everyone to use. my programing skills are very limited but i could work them up. if your up for it im up for it if we can find some other people. my email is racer590@hotmail.com and aim is tcollins590. email me or im me anytime

Quote Originally Posted by aluver View Post
    Hello,

Opencockpit has already do that :

http://www.opencockpits.com/modules....=getit&lid=298

No more graphic interface in this version but all logic already programmed, you just have yo connect your hardware and configure hard and soft entries/outputs to match.
    im having alot of troubles getting the program to open on my computer im getting 10+ errors over and over

500+ This must be a daytime job Jackpilot's Avatar

Another approach:

Most functions can be emulated via electrical circuits ....and a "flowchart" logic..no programing here, just wires switches and lights...and good ol' human thinking.
    Check:
    http://www.737ng.co.uk/wiring%20the%...ad%20panel.pdf
    and for help:
    http://www.artietheairplane.com/737_panels/737_main.htm
    Jackpilot
    B737-700 Posky
    FS9/P.Magenta
    without PMSystem

9. Thanks Matt Olieman thanked for this post

Hi Ian

It is much easier to wire everything up with Opencockpits, than do a little programming. The way you are doing is too complicated, much harder to do logic and it cost much more than writing a SIOC code. All new machines have an SPS controlling unit in them, so they don’t have tons auf relay’s which brings up the price. This way it is very easy to say for instance when I turn a switch on than after a few seconds a light is turned on and so on. Doing it the old way to hard, and when you have changes to complicate.

Now to ON737, looks great but I don’t know anyone who is using it. Would have liked, if they have used the standard offset and not IOPC Server. It might work if I would sit down and changed it to the regular Offsets. But it would be easier to start out all over again.

If people are interested in this kind of project I am up for it. And learning Opencockpits is not that hard, it took me a week to figure it out a bid and than you go from there. It looks hard, but it is not and there are a lot of people out there we can ask. And if we can’t figure something out we can always as Nico, he is the best in programming SIOC.

Cheers Norbert

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpilot View Post
    Another approach:

Most functions can be emulated via electrical circuits ....and a "flowchart" logic..no programing here, just wires switches and lights...and good ol' human thinking.
    Check:
    http://www.737ng.co.uk/wiring%20the%...ad%20panel.pdf
    and for help:
    http://www.artietheairplane.com/737_panels/737_main.htm
    Correct--or just that, together with some programming ,combo

http://www.opencockpits.com/modules....ownload&cid=29

Dload a Video Overhead logic with Sioc clipp as example

the sioc file for that is alsow available and may serve you as an idea -- how to--

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast