25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Smile 737-800 Settings

Hi all,

I have my cockpit setup, PM running well and am flying now, but i have a few questions.

First, i am using the default FSX 738 and wondered if the flight characteristics are close to reality or if there is a better flight model that can be used?

Second, i have CH Products yoke, pedals and throttle quadrant. My settings for the yoke and pedals in FSX are for full sensitivity. I currently don't have settings in FSUIPC for these controls. What would be the best settings in FSUIPC to make the controls react as close as possible to flying the real aircraft?

For the FSUIPC settings, screenshots would be really appreciated, as that would help me to get the same settings here.

Thanks.

Regards
    Benja

500+ This must be a daytime job autocadplease's Avatar

First let me state I have no real life experience in a 737-800 (the biggest aircraft I have flown in real life was twin cessnas), but I suspect the FSX 737-800 performs more like a fighter jet than the real thing. PMDG's FS9 737ng aircraft were suppose to be the closest thing available. I was able to install PMDG 737-600 & 700 into FSX, but wasn't able to install the 800 or 900.

I also have the CH Product's yoke, pedals and throttle quadrant. I run them at full sensitivity and use FSUIPC only to set the range and to get the reverse thrust to work. I would be interested too if anyone has exact settings that have been tested by a real 737 pilot. They would have to be for an exact model, because I believe things like roll, yaw and pitch can be defined in the model itself.

500+ This must be a daytime job 737NUT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by autocadplease View Post
    First let me state I have no real life experience in a 737-800 (the biggest aircraft I have flown in real life was twin cessnas), but I suspect the FSX 737-800 performs more like a fighter jet than the real thing. PMDG's FS9 737ng aircraft were suppose to be the closest thing available. I was able to install PMDG 737-600 & 700 into FSX, but wasn't able to install the 800 or 900.

I also have the CH Product's yoke, pedals and throttle quadrant. I run them at full sensitivity and use FSUIPC only to set the range and to get the reverse thrust to work. I would be interested too if anyone has exact settings that have been tested by a real 737 pilot. They would have to be for an exact model, because I believe things like roll, yaw and pitch can be defined in the model itself.

I had a real 737 pilot in my old sim and roll was spot on and pitch was to soft. Exactly what i thought. I increased my elevator size in the cfg file and brought it real close to the real thing. That was in FS9 but it is ingrained in my head since i spent 1000+ hrs in that sim!
    That was using PMDG by the way.
    Now i need to find me a 727pilot.

4. Thanks autocadplease thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 737NUT View Post
    I had a real 737 pilot in my old sim and roll was spot on and pitch was to soft. Exactly what i thought. I increased my elevator size in the cfg file and brought it real close to the real thing.
    What specifically were the changes you made? You mention the config file, i am presuming you mean the aircraft.cfg file?

Did you also make changes in FSUIPC for the controls sensitivity?

Thanks.

Regards
    Benja