Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question Could someone explain quickly the difference between duelhead2go anologue &DH digital

wanting to buy the duel head to go but is the anologue version be suitable ... does it affect quality at all..... could someone tell me the difference please

thanks very much.... appreciated
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by 737 Gez View Post
    wanting to buy the duel head to go but is the anologue version be suitable ... does it affect quality at all..... could someone tell me the difference please
    The main difference is that the analogue one connects using VGA (the 15-pin plug at each end), whilst the DVI one connects using the new multipin wider rectangular plug.

But also the digital one has facilities for adjusting the displays so that the bezels/frames between the centre screen and the left and right screens apparently obscure whatever is there in the view -- i.e. like genuine pillars on your glareshield/windscreen. Whilst this may sound like a loss (you can't see some stuff that's there) it actually enhances the view quite considerably because things then line up correctly -- you'd notice this with the nice joined-up horizon when banking, for instance. With the analogue one any lines in view running other than horizontally won't "join up".

As far as quality is concerned, I don't think you'll notice any difference between a DVI and a VGA connection. I can't tell, and I'm using 2 24" Dell widescreen monitors at 1920 x 1200 for development and internet stuff, on a 7900 card with one VGA and one DVI socket, so one of each. Two identical monitors -- I defy anyone to tell which is getting a digital and which an analogue image!

So in the end I think it comes down to whether you want the bezel parts of the image (optionally) removed.

[LATER]
    Ooops -- only just noticed you mentioned DUAL head, not TRIPLE. However, the above still applies I think, though I assume for two displays you aren't using them for scenery views? If not then the bezel business probably is of no significance to you.

But why go for a Dual Head when almost all video cards support two monitors in any case? Or are you going for 4?

Regards

Pete

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

hi pete thanks for your quick reply ..... and i'm going for the dual head because a friend of mine has offered me this. so as long as the quality is no different etc then thats good.

thanks very much for that info.
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk