Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I tried a wireless mouse a couple of weeks ago. It didn't work at all, but my computer is in another room using a pass-through for cables.

In fact, even taking the mouse out to the computer and rolling it around on the top of the case didn't work. It never would connect.

I took it back.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

Quote Originally Posted by PDT 200 View Post
    I don't know about the "minimal" amount of money part. I've got about $20,000.00 tied up in this thing. The building itself was $10,00.00. But it beats the heck out of buying a real one and trying to justify that expence. LSA's starting at $120,00.00 what a joke.
    Regards,
    Brian
    I agree about the expense part, try havina a wife that wants no part of it.... ugh... but looking awesome. I love the fact that it can be used for multiple aircraft. Kind of looking into the future. a common cockpit design would save the industry a boat load in training a cockpit familiarity...What programs other than the erj 145 feel there are u using? MIP and the awesome touchscreen computer?

To maximize the value of all the screens I try to use addons that have undockable displays like the ERJ from FeelThere. I have the CRJ from them or Wilco, depends on which site you read, both claim the other supports it but neither does and the support forum for Feelthere has the CRJ thread locked, but it does work just has a lot of windows for controls. I also have the PIC 737 but really haven't played with it yet to see just what is undockable. The NG 737's have the larger PFD and MFD's that can be moved and resized. Might have to break down and get the PMDG critter. I have a couple of 737 panels from other vendors that might be amendable now that I can map the mouse clicks for them through FSUIPC. I also use Flight1's C172 with the instrument panel on the 19" in front of me with other views relagated to other screens. The same with Dreamfleets Archer. I could do the same with the DC-9 I've got or the 727 both from Flight1. That's the beauty of this sim, I can fly just about anything and just put the views where I want them. A possibility would also be the 777 from Wilco or maybe (God forbid ) an Airbus of some description. They have the right kind of display but funny looking yokes. (deliberate baiting of Airbus folks)
    Hooked up one of the projectors the other night and I'm going to have to experiment a bunch to get the view size right.
    I'm still amazed that I can even climb in and out of the thing without banging my head on the overhead or ripping it down. IT'S A TIGHT FIT!
    More Pics when I get it lit up again.
    Regards,
    Brian

Been a while but I have started to work on the sim again. Been playing with the TH2GO unit and trying to place the projectors and screens. Here are a few pics of what it looks with all 3 projectors lit off. Using some white bed sheets for the side screens. A whole lot easier to hang and move than 4x8 sheets of white board. Flying over Seneca Lake in upstate NY near Watkins Glen about 20 miles north of KELM. (where I learned to fly back in the 70's)
    Enjoy
    Brian

Looking at it from the outside

From the inside looking straight out the front

Inside looking left

Inside looking right

Re: NorthCarolina SimRoom

With some readjustment of the screens and a much better view.

Some work done prior to going to upstate NY in late May was the application of some paint.

Ovehead

Regards,
    Brian
    FS9 & FSX ERJ-145, E-170, E-190, PIC737, Archer, Arrow, GF-MCPPRO, EFIS, 4GF-P8, 4GFT8, 3GF-166, 3GF-RP48, GF-LGT, GF-ATC, GF-TQ6, 3 Projectors, 5 monitors 1 computer

150+ Forum Groupie

It is really looking good Brian. I particularly like the way you can fly many types of aircraft from the same pit.

Are you using 3 separate 2D view screens from FS through the TH2GO (like Nick's 5 screen version) or is it one 3D view spread across the 3 screens which is how I use the TH2GO at present?

Have you done much more with the PIC737 yet? The big advantage for me is that it is one of only 2 aircraft that works with the GoFlight MCP Pro without expensive extra drivers

--
    Bryn

Howdy, I just use the forward view stretched and with it pulled out to around .31. Gives me a very wide angle of view. I have the PIC737 but haven't used it much. I did map the ERJ-145 from FeelThere using the mouse mapper in FSUIPC for the overhead and other spots and all are set to the various GoFlight switches as needed including the MCPPro and EFIS. I need to attach a shelf on the forward end so I can get the computer off the floor and mount the other set of redder pedals and yoke on the co-pilots side. Then I can start to enclose the beast. I might fire it up today if it stays cool outside. Even with an ac it gets rather warm in the building. Gets toasty with all 3 projectors running. Haven't flown since late May.
    Regards,
    Brian
    FS9 & FSX ERJ-145, E-170, E-190, PIC737, Archer, Arrow, GF-MCPPRO, EFIS, 4GF-P8, 4GFT8, 3GF-166, 3GF-RP48, GF-LGT, GF-ATC, GF-TQ6, 3 Projectors, 5 monitors 1 computer

75+ Posting Member

Ever thought of venting the projector exhaust to the outside of your sim room? Might help with the heat issue.

Curious if you have any problems with FSUIPC Macro when using it with your add-on aircraft? I have nothing but problems trying to use Mouse Macro with the F1 Mustang.

Design of the room makes venting very difficult. Makes it nice during the winter though. In using the macro I make sure that I don't have anything assigned to the switch or rotary in the GoFlight config program. I have 7 or so different configs set up for the various aircraft. The one for the ERJ has none of the switches assigned only the throttles, trim, flaps, and radios. All the lights, overhead and MIP switches are mapped. My FMC is on a touchscreen.
    Regards,
    Brian

Changed the way I display the outside with the TH2Go and the 3 projectors. They were mounted over the top of the sim and projected onto from the front. In anticipation of finally enclosing this thing I placed the screen right in front of the front windows and now rear project the outside view.
    Screen Mounted:

Sim lit up. need to work on the screen distance from the center post. Can't see the runway or airport on approach.:

Regards,
    Brian

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast