Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlin View Post
    The CRJ suite is Rockwell Collins...ERJ is Honeywell. In my opinion the PMRJ software is very close to the Honeywell Primus 1000 software suite, with just a hand full of lacking things like CAS messages and some ND options. However, it's not complete yet till some of those issues are worked out and hopefully they will one day get a version of the UNS FMS and autopilot created for it. Then it will be really nice. Here's to hoping as Paul stated, there's tons of new LJ builders, plus a growing roster of CRJ builders too and we all need some accurate software. If the RJ software was worked on, maybe it could be like the Boeing suite, where it covers a few different types in one package, I.E., the RJ package would represent the CRJ/ERJ/LJ software.

BTW, although far from perfect, I really am glad I got the PMRJ software as it looks great for what it is at this point.
    Your right there Eric,
    I doubled checked my emails I got from enrico, its the ERJ he is doing atm.
    Sorry for the misinformation, my apologies, shoulda looked before posting . Had CRJ on the brain for some reason.
    That being said though, its the MCP we need fixed, ie having IAS hold without having the autothrottle on. I have over 500hrs using the pmrj suite and it does what I need it to atm.

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kennair View Post
    And as I mentioned earlier it's not only the RJ's that are going for the likes of Rockwell Collins or Honeywell Primus suites, GA is more and more heading down this road due to it's decreasing cost and reliability. I would consider that an RJ suite should begin to get as much, if not more development energy due to the larger fleet of simulators now vying for it.

Ken.
    Speaking of which, check this out.
    http://estore.mc.com/vistanav/

cheap too. Honeywell has bought into it as well, so looks like the technologies will be incorporated in the honeywell suites.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alaxus View Post
    Your right there Eric,
    I doubled checked my emails I got from enrico, its the ERJ he is doing atm.
    Sorry for the misinformation, my apologies, shoulda looked before posting . Had CRJ on the brain for some reason.
    That being said though, its the MCP we need fixed, ie having IAS hold without having the autothrottle on. I have over 500hrs using the pmrj suite and it does what I need it to atm.
    That's okay Jeff, but I SO TOTALLY AGREE about the Flight Guidance Controller (mcp) with the IAS hold I also agree that other than those issues that havent been completed or added in yet, it works good.
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

25+ Posting Member

Slave to FMS for the HSI would be nice to.

I was all set to go with the latest and greatest and do the 787. A few weeks ago I was introduced to the real Citation Mustang and I fell in love. I plan on building the mustang now as it is far more economical than an airliner in both money and space. I have always been a lover of the business jets and very interested in the VLJ concept since the Mustang and Eclipse were still on the drawing board. The only hard part about this whole project will be the shell and liners as you guys have pointed out. However take in the fact that panels and software are so easy we builders will have plenty of time to work on the shells and liners.

Also for those not in the know Flight1 will be releasing a Mustang for FSX and they have partnered with Cessna and it looks amazing!

I will have a mustang site up soon with a wealth of information.

Man, I love those Citations! Using a G1000 type software will make it very easy to do the Mustang, with some ingenuity of course for the hardware end.

Best of luck!
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

25+ Posting Member

Err... I hope you all don't mind me posting in a thread that is 3 months old

I've downloaded Stoney3k's Honeywell suite (which atm is the PFD, MFD and EICAS) and have been testing it and boy does it look promising. I provided him with some feedback on the Dutch forum where he announced his project, he responded he is still working on it and seems determined to deliver a complete package including even the FMS. Btw, in the link I posted you can also find some screenshots of his ongoing development. So far, afaik he is the only one that has shown actual progress amongst the developers promising to deliver a proper Honeywell RJ suite.

A bit on the side: I have one question about the PM RJ suite: on the screenshots I see a RMU but how functional is it? For instance, does it allow you to store frequencies into memory, can you use the "switch sides" function and does the system backup functionality work? If you use the PMRJ, what is your experience with this small but great gauge?

Regards,

Sander

Sander, thanks for the post on Stoney's development. Im about to go check now. Let me get back with you on the RMU for the PMRJ if someone else doesnt beat me to it.
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

25+ Posting Member

Great idea, the more feedback he can get from ppl willing to test it, the better his release version will be (and a great motivator to keep at it, as well )

I registered at that site and I still havent recvd my activation page yet. I would really like to see this package.
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast