Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Lezam: In order to use the vga port of your video card to connect to the PS1, you need to use the method that Ken provided (see link in his first message). The adapter you need to make goes from the vga out of your video card to a internal connector on the circuit board of the PS1 (you need to take the ps1 apart to access that connector). And you may also need the C-Sync circuit that Ken provided in his 2nd message.

Ken: Thanks for the C-Sync link.

Bob: From what I have been hearing, a lot of people are having trouble getting an ATI card to work along side an NVidea card in the same computer. What's your primary video card?

Regards,
    Henry

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andarlite View Post
    Lezam: In order to use the vga port of your video card to connect to the PS1, you need to use the method that Ken provided (see link in his first message). The adapter you need to make goes from the vga out of your video card to a internal connector on the circuit board of the PS1 (you need to take the ps1 apart to access that connector). And you may also need the C-Sync circuit that Ken provided in his 2nd message.

Ken: Thanks for the C-Sync link.

Bob: From what I have been hearing, a lot of people are having trouble getting an ATI card to work along side an NVidea card in the same computer. What's your primary video card?

Regards,
    Henry
    Well it is the only video card in that machine... That machine only does the CDU... So they may be right...
    Bob Reed

10+ Posting Member

hello guys

many thanks for your help, i guess it is due to the nvidia card that nothing works,....

so, if i plug in an old radeon card together with my nvidia card, there will be trouble as well, as they don t work together?

and a last question. the connector from tv-out to the psone screen, how many poles should it have (the part which goes into the psone) three or four? (maybe somebody can upload a pic of their connector)

thanks a lot

Marc
    Marc

so, if i plug in an old radeon card together with my nvidia card, there will be trouble as well, as they don t work together?
    There shouldn't be any probs as long as you only instal the drivers for you secondary adapter. (Drivers and control software should off course be installed to your prim card) The conflict is between the Nvidia control panel and Catalyst Control Center.

I have had both Nvidia and Ati running on my rig. Find an old pci card with tv out. At the moment I have an old Geforce 2 pci for my cdu.

It's been awhile since I struggled with my cdu but I seem to remember that using the vga method wasn't an option for me since there was several users that actually couldnt se any advantage at all. It doesn't give any better image quality at all to the cdu software, only when presenting the win desktop.
    Regards Anders Eriksson

www.simcockpit.se

FS9

How is it possible to have two graphic cards in one machine? Is it possible to have 3 or more?

Quote Originally Posted by sas550 View Post
    There shouldn't be any probs as long as you instal the drivers only for you secondary adapter. The conflict is between the Nvidia control panel and Catalyst Control Center.
    Well, that is really good to know.... Thanks sas.

Lezam: Yes it is possible to have 3 or more. Some of the newer motherboards coming out have up to 4 PCI-E ports on them. If you only have 1 PCI-E port, you can also use PCI video cards.

Regards,
    Henry

i have three unused regular PCI ports on my computer, what kind of graphics card could I use if im using a nvidia 8800GT on the PCI Express?

Any older PCI card with tv out. If you plan to go the VGA way I guess any adapter will do.

Since you allready have a nvidia card, look for an old gforce pci. It doesn't require any powerful stuff to run the cdu screen.
    Regards Anders Eriksson

www.simcockpit.se

FS9

Quote Originally Posted by Lezam View Post
    i have three unused regular PCI ports on my computer, what kind of graphics card could I use if im using a nvidia 8800GT on the PCI Express?
    Any nvidia PCI video card will do (or ATI, but as sas550 mentioned, don't load the Catalyst software, just the video driver). Matrox has some (Millennium, Mystique,.....). Just search eBay.

Regards,
    Henry

Awesome! Im going to buy one of those and see if it works! So, I can have something like 8 monitors on one pc? I have 3 pci slots with two monitors each, and one pci express with 2 monitors. Would that work?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast