Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi Dennis. First of.. As stated above FS does not support SLI so there is no gain in trying to use it. The reason only one screen works when SLI is turned on is because you only get one video output in that mode. The computer sees the 2 cards as one. I would use the TH2GO on one output on one of the cards and use one output on the second card for the projector. Once you get things set how you want them. Save the flight as the default.
    Bob Reed

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Hi Denis,

As you can see from the responses in the Thread, your well on your way to getting the help you need.

As Bob had mentioned, The SLI Feature takes the two cards with duel outputs and changes them into one card with a single output.

But that one output shares the processors and memory from both cards.

So Because you will not gain anything by using the SLI Feature.

I would suggest the following.

#1. Place your Tripple Head to go on output #1 Video Card #1. and pick up on ebay or at a computer store a VGA "Y" Cable. Attach Monitors #1 and #3 to the Y cable on your Output #1 on your Video Card #2. (These will function as your pilot and copilot displays.) "By using the "Y" Cable you don't use unneeded computer resources to display the same information on two monitors" Place your last Monitor on Output #2 of your 2nd Video Card.

Basically the outside flightsimulator visuals will only be on (Output #1) Video card #1. (displayed on the tripple head to go)

#2. Buy a program called FS PANEL SUTDIO. it is only 50 bucks, and will allow you to create 2 New (Instrument windows) so you can drag the instruments you want for your 3 monitors onto each of those windows with Black Backgrounds.

If your fly the PAIII You will probably want your Primary (Copilot and Pilot) 6 packs "VSI,ALT,AS,ADI, HORIZON,HSI) on the first one, and your Radio stacks, engine instruments on the Monitor #2 (Center)

FS Panel studio is very user friendly and it is just a matter of drag and drop from existing panels to new locations.

Once you load your new panel in the plane and load flightsim, you can #1. Close the Panel on the plane your flying so that your flightsim view is clear.
    #2. Opene the 2 new panel windows you created in FSPS by using the Shift + 6 or Shift +7 whatever window id you gave it, and right click one them. When you right click you have the option to undock the window.

Drag them and size them on the instrument monitor. Save the flight in flightsim, and they will always remember where they were.

I hope this gives you some idea how to succeed. We are all here for comments and questions.

Failing everything, if you want, I will give you my Telephone number and would be more then happy to work with you over the telephone.

This is a fun hobby, but even I know how frustrating it can be.

Best regards,

Trevor Hale

10+ Posting Member

Mycockpit.org

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Hale View Post
    Hi Denis,

As you can see from the responses in the Thread, your well on your way to getting the help you need.

As Bob had mentioned, The SLI Feature takes the two cards with duel outputs and changes them into one card with a single output.

#1. Place your Tripple Head to go on output #1 Video Card #1. and pick up on ebay or at a computer store a VGA "Y" Cable. Attach Monitors #1 and #3 to the Y cable on your Output #1 on your Video Card #2. (These will function as your pilot and copilot displays.) "By using the "Y" Cable you don't use unneeded computer resources to display the same information on two monitors" Place your last Monitor on Output #2 of your 2nd Video Card.

Basically the outside flightsimulator visuals will only be on (Output #1) Video card #1. (displayed on the tripple head to go)

#2. Buy a program called FS PANEL SUTDIO. it is only 50 bucks, and will allow you to create 2 New (Instrument windows) so you can drag the instruments you want for your 3 monitors onto each of those windows with Black Backgrounds.

If your fly the PAIII You will probably want your Primary (Copilot and Pilot) 6 packs "VSI,ALT,AS,ADI, HORIZON,HSI) on the first one, and your Radio stacks, engine instruments on the Monitor #2 (Center)

FS Panel studio is very user friendly and it is just a matter of drag and drop from existing panels to new locations.

Once you load your new panel in the plane and load flightsim, you can #1. Close the Panel on the plane your flying so that your flightsim view is clear.
    #2. Opene the 2 new panel windows you created in FSPS by using the Shift + 6 or Shift +7 whatever window id you gave it, and right click one them. When you right click you have the option to undock the window.

Drag them and size them on the instrument monitor. Save the flight in flightsim, and they will always remember where they were.

I hope this gives you some idea how to succeed. We are all here for comments and questions.

Failing everything, if you want, I will give you my Telephone number and would be more then happy to work with you over the telephone.

Best regards,

Trevor Hale
    TREVOR,
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I WILL TRY THIS ON MY OWN AT FIRST, IF I MESS IT UP I WILL TAKE YOU UP ON THE TELEPHONIC COMMUNICATION, AS I TYPE VERY SLOWLY

KIND REGARDS

DENNIS ORSAG
    "VENOM 359ES"

10+ Posting Member

Mycockpit.org

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Hale View Post
    Hi Denis,

Best regards,

Trevor Hale
    TREVOR, I PURCHASED FS PANEL STUDIO ON 3/08/08, I AM WORKING MY WAY THROUGH THE TUTORIALS. I AM CURRENTLY ATTEMPTING TO "ADD A NEW PANEL TO AN EXISTING AIRCRAFT" I AM STUCK ON HOW TO "SELECT A BACKGROUND BITMAP" I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL THING'S WITHOUT SUCCESS. ALSO UNLESS I SPACED IT , I DID NOT SEE AN "EXPLANATION" ON HOW TO MAP THE BITMAP FILE?

THANK'S AGAIN FOR ALL THE ADVICE

KIND REGARDS

DENNIS ORSAG
    "VENOM 359ES"

10+ Posting Member

Mycockpit.org

Hello, All V.a.e.'s ( Virtual Areonautical Engineer's)

I Am Hoping To Get An Answer To A Question Regarding A Program Called "fs Panel Studio"

I Purchased Fs Panel Studio On 3/08/08, I Am Working My Way Through The Tutorials. I Am Currently Attempting To "add A New Panel To An Existing Aircraft" I Am Stuck On How To "select A Background Bitmap" I Have Tried Several Thing's Without Success. Also Unless I Spaced It , I Did Not See An "explanation" On How To Map The Bitmap File?

Thank's Again For All The Advice

Kind Regards

Dennis Orsag
    "VENOM 359ES"

150+ Forum Groupie

You just have to make your own first. The program doesn't come with pre loaded background images.

I just used ms paint to make a 1024x768 black bmp image . Then when prompted ,, find where you stored it and load it into Fs Panel .

10+ Posting Member

Mycockpit.org

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire9 View Post
    You just have to make your own first. The program doesn't come with pre loaded background images.

I just used ms paint to make a 1024x768 black bmp image . Then when prompted ,, find where you stored it and load it into Fs Panel .
    HI,
    THANK'S FOR THE ADVICE, I KNOW THIS SOUND'S "LAME", BUT WHAT IS MS PAINT? HOW DO I USE IT , WHERE CAN I FIND IT? THAT IS' IF I CURRENTLY HAVE IT AND DON'T KNOW IT.

SORRY ABOUT MY WEAK SOFTWARE SKILL'S

KIND REGARDS

DENNIS
    "VENOM 359ES"

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

Click START in the lower left corner of your screen.
    Put your mouse on ALL PROGRAMS and when the list opens,
    put your mouse on ACCESSORIES. A new list will open.
    Click on PAINT.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

10+ Posting Member

Mycockpit.org

Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    Click START in the lower left corner of your screen.
    Put your mouse on ALL PROGRAMS and when the list opens,
    put your mouse on ACCESSORIES. A new list will open.
    Click on PAINT.
    ANDY,

THANK'S FOR THE TIP, I FOUND IT !

BEST REGARDS

DENNIS
    "VENOM 359ES"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12