Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pm Cdu 394

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi Jonathan,

Many thanks for your quick reponse via the forum.
    I will enter the route this evening via the legs page waypoint by waypoint and report the results back.
    As I reported in my previous message, I have indeed the feeling the CDU is operating much more smoother than in the past. This will certainly be the results of the lower level program work from which the results are indeed maybe not clearly visual, but is most important.

Once more a good communication, explain a lot.

As you know the way of entering you suggest, if of course far from what is commonly done in real, certainly if you have to do a 7 or 10 page routing

B. Rgds
    Michel
    general website : users.telenet.be/michel.vandaele
    my spaces: http://michelmvd.spaces.live.com/
    email : michelmvd@hotmail.com

150+ Forum Groupie

>As you know the way of entering you suggest, if of course far from what is commonly done in real, certainly if you have to do a 7 or 10 page routing

Yes I know, but there is nothing which can be done about that at this stage - I hope via the legs page it works for you.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Jonathan Richardson

150+ Forum Groupie

>Strange that the bugs are still there while PM claims that it has been fixed earlier (although that claim may not have been acknowledged by the users here). And how the h%## can it "come back"? Makes you wonder why it did not pop up during the tests PM will surely have performed before they released this version.

Hi

We did not claim any such thing.... We are slowly dealing with very long lists of software changes - right across the board not just Boeing.

After further testing today, the error that was fixed *is* fixed - certainly I could not recreate the original error. To be specific, the original error was that any change in the route would cause the a/c to turn left or right whilst in LNAV. This was fixed and remains so. There is only one issue that remains outstanding with regard to this, but it was not fixed in *this* update and perhaps the original post is refering to when there is a break in the route directly after the active waypoint. In this situation the AP should command to fly present heading, but at the moment it turns back to last known waypoint. That is a different issue to the one fixed - just to avoid confusion. This will be addressed. But it is a different issue to the first one.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Jonathan Richardson

75+ Posting Member

hi all, hi Jonathan,

is the bug with the slow TO/GA accelaration fixed?

Regards

Thomas

300+ Forum Addict Ray Proudfoot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanRichardson View Post
    After further testing today, the error that was fixed *is* fixed - certainly I could not recreate the original error. To be specific, the original error was that any change in the route would cause the a/c to turn left or right whilst in LNAV. This was fixed and remains so.
    Jonathan,

Just so I and others can be clear about which version of the CDU has this fix implemented can you please advise the version number. Do the notes in the readme include this fix?

I can certainly reproduce this bug so if you wish me to send any information to the support address I will certainly do so.

My flying is with FS9 and I run the GC/CDU on a separate PC via WideFS.

150+ Forum Groupie

>Just so I and others can be clear about which version of the CDU has this fix implemented can you please advise the version number. Do the notes in the readme include this fix?

Hi

Certainly...

MCP423a
    CDU394

>I can certainly reproduce this bug so if you wish me to send any information to the support address I will certainly do so.

You mean with the above builds, and you change your routing whilst in LNAV the a/c begins to turn left or right? I specifically re-tested this today, I even downloaded the above builds to make 100% sure I was not ahead of you guys with other betas. The problem did not show up. If it is happening with the above builds - then I am wondering what else is going on. . . please let me know.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Jonathan Richardson

Hi

Certainly...

MCP423a
    CDU394

>I can certainly reproduce this bug so if you wish me to send any information to the support address I will certainly do so.

You mean with the above builds, and you change your routing whilst in LNAV the a/c begins to turn left or right? I specifically re-tested this today, I even downloaded the above builds to make 100% sure I was not ahead of you guys with other betas. The problem did not show up. If it is happening with the above builds - then I am wondering what else is going on. . . please let me know.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Hi Jonathan,

I'll need to check my build numbers and it's a little late now. I'll try a flight tomorrow evening and report back here.

Thanks for your quick response.

25+ Posting Member

Hi Jonathan,

I can confirm that the problem shows up with CDU 394 and MCP 423a. They run together on a WIN XP SP2 machine connected over Wideserver to FS9.

Several routes tested and alway the problems show up. When entering STAR the plane leaves his route and turn left or right.
    Sometimes the route is erased completely after execute, sometimes all overflown waypoints from the beginning of the route are reentered in the CDU.

This evening I will make another flight and enter the route over the leg“s page.

Greets

Roland

150+ Forum Groupie

>Several routes tested and alway the problems show up. When entering STAR the plane leaves his route and turn left or right.
    Sometimes the route is erased completely after execute, sometimes all overflown waypoints from the beginning of the route are reentered in the CDU.
    This evening I will make another flight and enter the route over the leg“s page.

Just to confirm - if you use anything other than the Legs page for changes - then that is something different / different issue. I am only refering to the Leg page basic route planning facility of the CDU nothing more which has been fixed.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson

Greets

Roland[/QUOTE]
    Jonathan Richardson

>Just to confirm - if you use anything other than the Legs page for changes - then that is something different / different issue. I am only refering to the Leg page basic route planning facility of the CDU nothing more which has been fixed.
    Hi Jonathan,

I am in the middle of a flight now and can confirm this bug is still there with the CDU and MCP builds mentioned.

Once at Cruise if I go to the CRZ screen and enter a different flight level for CRZ ALT the aircraft turns left until EXEC is pressed. It then resumes the original heading.

Again, whilst at cruise if I then go to the DES screen and alter the Target Speed that again causes the aircraft to deviate left until EXEC is pressed.

I'm sure there are other scenarios that will cause this heading change problem but those will do for now. If you are able to confirm those then hopefully we can have them fixed soon.

Thanks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast