Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tim
    For me, in FSX when in 2d mode with the panel removed ("W" key or "Shift+1"), if I look Forward all I see is the outside scenery, NO aircraft panels.

If I look Left, Forward Left, Forward Right, or Right, I see the inside of the aircraft flightdeck. Same as you would see in 3d mode.

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Tim,

I know about that. I found a solution (or a work around) for this. I was playing around with it today and found that I was able to get the sideviews in cockpit mode without seeing the panels or cockpit part. Ill try to explain the steps the best I remembered, and here goes.
    1) in normal cockpit view with all the 2d panels displayed, press Shift+w to get rid of the panel,
    2) then press Shift+w again so only a small PFD shows up (1 single PFD) ,
    3) Next press shift+3 to get a gps instrument to show up
    4) press CTRL+SHIFT+T (Transparency adjustment, im unsure whether it is ctrl+T , but I think from memory it is CTRL+SHIFT+T) and use the "+/-" to adjust the transparency until they dissapear from the main window.
    5) Now use your view button to see left and right , you shouldnt see the cokpit parts anymore. Any subsequent new views should have NO cockpit panels or parts in it.

IMPORTANT, what I find is that it step 2 and 3 is very important, especially 3 , you need at least to have 2 small instruments showing on screen for it to work. From memory I dont think it is limited to GPS instrument (Shift+3) im sure it can be any but thats the one I used.

See if it works for you. Took me a good 4 F&*&&* hours to stumble accross it.

Good on you mate, Thanks for the help.
    IF it's not Boeing I ain't going!!!!!!

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor AndyT's Avatar

If you are using a default plane then just rename the interior.mdl file and you wont see the cockpit at all.
    God's in command, I'm just the Pilot.
    http://www.geocities.com/andytulenko/

25+ Posting Member

Smile Frames

I had my TH2Go connected to 3 19" flat screens previously and was achieving about 15 Fps at 3840x1024. This was with a 4th screen connected at 1280x1024 for the FSX panel. I used 0.70 zoom for the view.

Bear in mind that i had to have most of my settings on quite low and no autogen to achieve this frame rate. I was never sure if my 8800GTX was running at the max with this setup, as i have never been sure if the settings should be optimized in the NVidia drivers or from within the game itself. Why is it so hard to find information on the net regarding where the settings should be made!!

I have now changed to a projector at 1280x800 for the front view only and the 8800GTX is now pumping out 35 Fps with most sliders in the 75% position.

Although my frames do drop if i move to a very complex airport like KLAX etc. Then they go down to around 20 Fps.

I am running this on a Core2Duo 6700 @ 2.66 GHz with 2 GB of ram.

Nice tip on the interior.mdl file. I will change my setup by removing that.
    Last edited by SAS541; 03-09-2008 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Addition

25+ Posting Member

I think what killed the frame rate is the 4th monitor running panels. try not using the 4th monitor for the panels , and use 3 monitor in horizontal span mode and see if you are able to get more than 30fps.

I have a similar setup as yours and I was achieving about 25-26fps in city areas with autogen at normal. Most sliders are full accept for water. I didnt have AI traffic though and aother ground traffic very minimal. but everything else is max , again except for autogen at normal.

Tim
    Nice tip Andy.

I tried it. Renamed the interior.mdl on the A321. Now I have NO aircraft view at all. I went to Spot view and the A321 in invisible. Don't think that tip will work at least for FSX. Not sure what it does in FS9.

25+ Posting Member

Tim did you try my way??

Tim
    No, but thanks for reminding me. Off to try.

25+ Posting Member

I tried it again yesterday and it worked. I then save the flight as default flight so that I dont have to do all that again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast