Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Something news?

Tim
    Patric,

If you bought a PM product, you paid in advance for a completed product that works. The updates are not free, you are just getting closer to what you have already paid for.

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I agree with you Tim.

I purchased PM under the assumption that I would get a completed product from them at some point. I downloaded the demo and checked out the software there were issues with the demo. I figured it was just a Demo not the real package so I purchased the software and thats when i found out that the Demo is the real software and now I am still waiting for a full version.

So I would hope that they would NEVER charge for updates. Imagine buying a car with no wheels, engine or interior but you end up paying full price because the dealer tells you that they will at some point send the wheels, engine and interior to you, then they tell you oh BTW it will be cost extra for the items that were not with the car. Would you have purchased the car?
    Mike G.

75+ Posting Member

@moreau767, i have been with pm from the very start many many years ago.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Then I really don“t understand why you wrote the initial post... You should know they don“t grab any money and run.

/Patric

75+ Posting Member

reading between the lines of the events of the last couple of years.
    when one has no official info to go on. we can only guess good and bad case scenarios.

good case...things are being worked on and the crew were just having a holiday. (as they were)

bad case....the message went out that pm was beginning to focus on commercial side of things, the forum stopped being moderated at pm site and then dissapeared, the price went up, support slowed somewhat, and now we are here, all starting to get unsettled.

some guys that used their sims online following procedures carefully with a two or three man crew will find the software issues important.

i love pm, it has allowed me the dream of building my project. but when all the little mushrooms start to get fidgety and wonder whats going on, thats when bad thoughts start. cant blame anyone for that.

as i said i have spent many years worshipping pm. and i am wondering if they might be slowly withdrawing from the scene thats all.

just my thoughts pat, no harm intended.

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Smile My Choice and I'm happy with it!!!

If you search back into the old Enrico posts you'll find, that he said he will always continue to support his flight-sim builder customers. As far as I know he has. Unfortunately lot's of the builders got used to his immediate responses and 24 hour year round support, even on holidays. But that never seemed to be enough, there are always a few that continued to complain that it was not good enough.

It is my recollection, when I bought the Airbus, complete package, it was not a finished product. The expectations, widely known, it was constantly under development. When and where it was going to stop, no one knew, but it was accepted.

From the time I bought the PM Airbus package, I was satisfied. I knew, and the rest of my fellow Airbus builder friends, using PM software, there was nothing else available.

If development stopped one year from the day I purchased it, I would have accepted it, although I would of been disappointed. The development continues, just at a different pace.

Enrico's hard work and commitment to the flight-sim builder hobbyist encourage most of us with our projects. I thank you Enrico and I'm grateful for your dedication!!!

Now there are other choices. Your choice to make. I'm happy with the one I made.

Matt O.

300+ Forum Addict

Matt is absolutely correct. It is a great product and as yet there is nothing as far as I am aware that is close, to being as good.
    Certainly there are some minor problems, but nothing that cannot be worked around. I am sure that Enrico will continue his support and will always keep improving Project Magenta. Those of us that are building complete, and realistic type aircraft, I suspect would not use anything else.
    ...........Brian w.

Hi all,

Matt O. , I agree with you to a certain extent....

I also bought PM long time ago knowing it wasnt yet finished but was at a good level already.
    Now we have waited again almost 9 months for an update to the airbus suite... and I cant hide the fact that im really dissappointed to see a very small update which doesnt address almost
    any longstanding issues and this after a 9 month period...expect for support for new hardware
    I guess we could have expected some more...

Greetz Peter

PS : lets keep on waiting ... and trying to fly online with the work arounds

75+ Posting Member

matt i totally agree with you given your position here.

pdpo i totally agree with you too, sometimes we have to say the stuff everyone else wants to but might not feel like it. oh well someone has to.

all good....might aswell wait and santa will come. the paint is wearing off my mcp speed knob from all that use but!!...he he.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123