Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

NaviGraph data and PM??

Hi,

I wonder if the NAviGraph cycles can be used now in the PM CDU etc.
    When NaviGraph started there were lot's of problems and we were advised to use the latest test file from PM (1206).
    Any news about this?

JWS

Hi there,
    I am using the PM Navigraph cycles on a monthly basis with no problems at all.

The only problems observed (sometimes spoiling the whole flightplan when entering SIDs or STARs) are not Navigraph related.
    René

Hello,

I also can confirm I'm using the latest Navigraph NavData. Most things are working correctly and also approaches are available.
    Nevertheless the common and wellknown "CDU problems" are there too, just as they are in all versions, from the moment the datasource DAFIF ended to be available. (losing complete routes when entering STARS, aircraft returning to startpoint etc etc) but this is not Navdata related.

As far I know, Enrico is still working at it, so we only can hope that once these problems will be solved in the near futur.

B. rgds
    Michel
    general website : users.telenet.be/michel.vandaele
    my spaces: http://michelmvd.spaces.live.com/
    email : michelmvd@hotmail.com

25+ Posting Member

Hello,

I also use the latest Datas from Navigraph with no failure.

Greets

Roland

10+ Posting Member

hello,

i use the full PM set up (PFD PM system MCP CDU) with MSFS 2004

if a navaid is available in MSFS but not CDU database, is it possible to use it if we navigate with MCP (heading select, app mode) ? When i try to capture the cylw (kelowna, BC Canada) ILs (XLW,localizer 109.5, data from MSFS 2004) using the MCP in APP mode (correct course entered on MCP, correct angle, armed LOC and GS on the PFD). On the PFD, the plabe initially capture it but it is not aligned with the runway then it goes back to Heading Select.
    please !
    jean-louis

I installed the latest airac from NaviGraph but haven't tested it extensively yet. I noticed that using it on Heathrow 2008 megascenery (FS9) from Aerosoft the runways aren't aligned and the same goes for the ILS. Can this be fixed?

I also noticed that one file (cdu.nap) - that has to be placed in the CDU folder (together with the other files to be installed) - isn't transported automatically to the Data folder when starting the FMC program (as stated by the readme file). Perhaps PM doesn't recognize this file. I guess that this file contains the nighttransitions for e.g. Amsterdam (EHAM).
    For the use at Amsterdam I've made these nighttransitions myself in an extra approach file (appdata2.txt; see attachement). Just put this file (unzipped) in you CDU data folder and they will appear as Artip, River & Sugol approaches to rwy's 06 and 18R. I do recommend to use it as a separate file. Inserting the text in the normal appdata file didn't work that well. Hope you find them useful.
    It goes without saying that I do not accept any liability for damage what soever caused by using this file.

Best regards,

JWS
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello
    If the ILS isn't aligned in the Aerosoft LHR 2008, then it can be 2 things, or the AFCAD (fs2004) data for position /heading is wrong, or the Navigraph data is wrong. As far I know, the NAVDATA is extracted from a database available for commerical civil aviation. I think PM is just reading both data out. Don't know if any calculations is done here. Magnetic drift difference?

Maybe yoiu can ajust the afcad file.

B. Rgds
    Michel
    general website : users.telenet.be/michel.vandaele
    my spaces: http://michelmvd.spaces.live.com/
    email : michelmvd@hotmail.com

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by michelmvd View Post
    If the ILS isn't aligned in the Aerosoft LHR 2008, then it can be 2 things, or the AFCAD (fs2004) data for position /heading is wrong, or the Navigraph data is wrong.
    I'm pretty sure that, whilst the NAVDATA will be used for plotting the flight path and so on, and providing info in the CDU, the ILS alignment and approach actually used by the MCP will always be from the data it gets from FS , the same as for the NAV radio frequency tuned in and controlling the GS and LOC needles-- so that will be from the AFD BGL scenery file.

It sounds like there's more than one AFD scenery file active, and the top-layered one (lower priority number in FS's scenery library list) is not a good match for the Aerosoft Heathrow 2008 scenery. The one which came with it should be okay, so one solution is to raise the Heathrow scenery entry in the library to a much higher level (lower number in the dialogue).

Regards

Pete

10+ Posting Member

Maybe it could help....
    jean-louis
    AFCAD repair files for AeroSoft Mega-Aiport Frankfurt and London Heathrow 2008

fsc_eddf_mega_afcad.zip
    fsc_egll_mega_afcad.zip
    Some versions of the original AFCAD files which ship with AeroSoft Mega-Airport Frankfurt and London Heathrow 2008 sceneries are lacking entries which may lead to missing ILS information both in Flight Simulator and FlightSim Commander. Download the repair files to obtain proper ILS setups for these sceneries. Please read the enclosed readme file carefully. For owners of Mega-Airport Frankfurt and/or London Heathrow 2008 only.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dowson View Post
    It sounds like there's more than one AFD scenery file active, and the top-layered one (lower priority number in FS's scenery library list) is not a good match for the Aerosoft Heathrow 2008 scenery. The one which came with it should be okay, so one solution is to raise the Heathrow scenery entry in the library to a much higher level (lower number in the dialogue).

Regards

Pete
    Pete,

I'll have a look but can't think of another AFCAD file since that would be the standard file and Aerosoft EGLL is very high on the list.

jrphcien, these files concern FlightSim Commander which I don't use.

When I tried to position the a/c on Rwy 09R using the position feature in the PM FMC, I endend up way in front of the thresh hold, on the left side of the runway, not heading towards the end of it and the magenta line for the BKP departure started somewhere left of the runway. Does this give a clue?

JWS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast