Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mycockpit.org A Good Aircraft.cfg file for learjet

Hello!
    Does anyone know of any good aircraft.cfg file for default Learjet 45 in FS2004. Im interested in more accurate flightdynamics and improved autopilot performance, and yes "overall performance".

Any help on this topic is appreciated!!

Thumbs up

The best person to contact abou that is Mr. Tomlin over at www.flightlevel180.org. He is the man when it comes to Learjet and FS9.

I can assure once you switch over to FSX you will be more please with the over all looks and characteristics, no configuration needed.

Good day!
    --

Kris S.
    Seabrook,Texas

www.lear45project.org

Also proud supporter of..
    http://hangar45.net
    www.innovativefsp.com

Yes I have flown the FSX Lear and I agree with you. The original version is ok.
    We will eventually use FSX when hardware catches up. I got a tip from a friend of mine about an aircraft tweak program called AirWrench. Its said to be good. I bought it earlier today and Im waiting for my key. I will try to make a decent Lear for FS9 with it.

Regards / Per Alm

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Per Alm View Post
    Yes I have flown the FSX Lear and I agree with you. The original version is ok.
    We will eventually use FSX when hardware catches up. I got a tip from a friend of mine about an aircraft tweak program called AirWrench. Its said to be good. I bought it earlier today and Im waiting for my key. I will try to make a decent Lear for FS9 with it.

Regards / Per Alm
    This sounds really good. At the moment I use a tweaked FS9 file but once I realized what it was that was making it fly better, I simply went into the file and 'dumbed down' some variables. Pitch sensitivity, which was the worst part about the default LJ45, was made better by reducing the elevator effectiveness. I did the same for the rudder, but not much. There was another area too, but I would have to look a bit later. Right now the whole sim is in parts after moving it back home in prepartion of moving it into its new hangar.
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

Thumbs up AirWrench

I just got my activation key for AirWrench. There seems to be many parameters to adjust and tune in this program. Might be something for many of us. The interface is easy to understand too.

http://www.mudpond.org/AirWrench_main.htm

Regards / Per Alm

Very interesting. Please give an update after you have messed with it for awhile I would like to know what you think of the program and if it gives you the changes you are after. Thanks for the link
    Mike G.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Very interesting. Please give an update after you have messed with it for awhile I would like to know what you think of the program and if it gives you the changes you are after. Thanks for the link
    I have tested the program and I find it very useful. I also realize aerodynamics is a very complex matter. Im no expert on aerodynamics so I just try diffrent changes and see what happens. However its easy to change the sliders and then directly test how the aircraft reacts. There are also many parameters to adjust...so you can really finetune the flight caracteristics.

Some examples: there's almost no increased drag at all in the default lear when flaps are extended and landing gear is down.....this is not so realistic I guess. The speed hardly decrease even when I fly with flaps set to 40 and gear down. This is easily adjusted in Airwrench. Another annoying thing in the default lear is that when flaps are extended there is no nose pitch down at all. Not realistic! Compare it with PMDG 737NG for exemple...I have countless of hours in this airplane and its a joy every time flaps are extended and this is followed by a smooth shift of the nose downwards + increased drag.

Another example is what happens when using spoilers in the default lear...which creates "half a loop" with a very sudden and high nose pitch. With airwrench I adjusted it so now when spoilers are extended there is a slight nose pitch and also a soft reduction of altitude.

And so on.......
    Im still working on getting a decent AOA at low speed during final approach, I think it's to high in the default lear.

When using airwrench you also learn a lot about aerodynamics just by looking at the different systems within the program. By looking at the sliders for spoiler you also realize which effect/forces spoilers have on the aircraft.

So although Im no expert in the field of aerodynamics I can recommend this program to you all.

Any comments or suggestions is appreciated!!

The link to AIRWRENCH website: http://www.mudpond.org/AirWrench_main.htm

Regards / Per Alm

Well that is some interesting stuff. I will have to get this program. Thanks for posting some of your results.
    Mike G.

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

I too was not aware of AIRWRENCH, I downloaded the demo. Quite interesting, will have to put it to the test

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Tomlin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Per Alm View Post
    Some examples: there's almost no increased drag at all in the default lear when flaps are extended and landing gear is down.....this is not so realistic I guess. The speed hardly decrease even when I fly with flaps set to 40 and gear down. This is easily adjusted in Airwrench. Another annoying thing in the default lear is that when flaps are extended there is no nose pitch down at all. Not realistic! Compare it with PMDG 737NG for exemple...I have countless of hours in this airplane and its a joy every time flaps are extended and this is followed by a smooth shift of the nose downwards + increased drag.

Another example is what happens when using spoilers in the default lear...which creates "half a loop" with a very sudden and high nose pitch. With airwrench I adjusted it so now when spoilers are extended there is a slight nose pitch and also a soft reduction of altitude.

And so on.......
    Im still working on getting a decent AOA at low speed during final approach, I think it's to high in the default lear.

Regards / Per Alm
    Per, this is great news and I appreciate your info on the program- I think that once the sim is back up and running, I will probably definately buy this software as Ive always been aggravated by the AOA issue you mention!

Thanks,
    Eric Tomlin-
    Learjet 45 Builder
    www.flightlevel180.org

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast