75+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Dimensions for B737NG Pedestal and Overheads

HI ,

Firstly, I would like to find out if anyone out there has any idea as to where to purchase a reasonably priced ready made B737NG pedestal ( had a look at Engravity and 737NGSIM .com and other sites. All in the range of EUR600 - 700 ) A little steep for me once I make the currency conversion from EUR to my Malaysia currency. Pedestal can be without the panels Kits.

My alternative is to manufacture the pedestals and overheads from perspex , of which I found a company in my town that has a computer control cutting machine to give accurate cuts of the drawing that I need to manufacture. What I was wondering is whether any of you cockpit builders out there have the dimensions of the pedestals and the dummy panels of the radio panels, com, adf, nav and xpdr panels so that I can make my own? Any of your have the CP Flight NAV, COMM, XPDR units? I'm thinking of purchasing them later but can afford to get all the CAPT's side and the Co_PILOT's side together, so thought I can make up the Co-PILOT's side with DUMMY panels.

I would appreciate very much the panel dimensions is possible from CP Flight. and if available, the drawings and dimensions of the Overhead panel that has the landing lights and start knobs etc.

Thanks a bunch guys in advance for any help rendered.

Regards,
    Chris

Chris Danker
    Brisbane, AUSTRALIA

Hello Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdanker View Post
    Firstly, I would like to find out if anyone out there has any idea as to where to purchase a reasonably priced ready made B737NG pedestal ( had a look at Engravity and 737NGSIM .com and other sites. All in the range of EUR600 - 700 ) A little steep for me once I make the currency conversion from EUR to my Malaysia currency. Pedestal can be without the panels Kits.
    As i know from my research,until now, the lower price is at 737NGSIM.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdanker View Post
    What I was wondering is whether any of you cockpit builders out there have the dimensions of the pedestals and the dummy panels of the radio panels, com, adf, nav and xpdr panels so that I can make my own? Any of your have the CP Flight NAV, COMM, XPDR units? I'm thinking of purchasing them later but can afford to get all the CAPT's side and the Co_PILOT's side together, so thought I can make up the Co-PILOT's side with DUMMY panels.

I would appreciate very much the panel dimensions is possible from CP Flight. and if available, the drawings and dimensions of the Overhead panel that has the landing lights and start knobs etc.
    One of the best sites is this http://www.markuspilot.com/ (thanks Mark !!)
    Another one is http://www.simpits.org/ (check database & files sections)

Aslo check the page No4 here http://www.cpflight.com/sito/downloa...37mi01e102.pdf

Good luck !!

Eddie

75+ Posting Member

Thanks a bunch Eddie....it helps. I did manage to find the one on the CF Flight manuals...but the others are also helpful as I also need the faceplate pictures so that I can print on a Color Laser printer and then stick it to the Perspex panels as a dummy till I can get the actual CP Flights modules....

If you have anymore useful hints a nd facts for the pedestals and Overhead, do fell free to post here or PM me.

Cheers,

Regards,
    Chris

Chris Danker
    Brisbane, AUSTRALIA

MyCockpit Support Staff

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

OK . Now I know how it works.

http://users.skynet.be/jcordon/cockp...7_overhd_B.jpg This from the great builder,Juan Cordon. If you open this in MSpaint you will see that it can be ajusted to high mesures in inches or in cm

On my overhead I made a frame of 40""long x26.5"" . I will get my copy shop to copy this image directly on a piece of defuzer that I will install on my rack that I made of wood. Problebly some kind of simple lighting and a few swithches and knobs.

Mike
    http://www.thefreeemoticons.info/images/flags/smilies0949.gif