Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Project Magenta Boeing 737ng questions...

Hi All
    I've tried to get a response from the PM crew but I guess they're pretty busy these days.
    Perhaps some of you may be able to answer these:
    1) I've noticed that some 737ng panels (the "new" style) have got a horizontal bar in the PFD. Others have the pointed arrow style representing the aircraft in the AI on the PFD. Does the 737ng PM software give you the choice?
    2) Does the 737ng PM software allow you to toggle between the "new" and "old" styles of glass panels? Are you able to for e.g mix the old EICAS with the new PFD and ND?
    and lastly on a slightly different note...
    3) I've also noticed from different 737-800 pics on airliners.net that some panels seem to have a dark grey appearance while others are blue/grey'ish. Is there a choice between the two or perhaps a reason why they are different?

Many thanks in advance
    Jono

25+ Posting Member

Hello,

> I've tried to get a response from the PM crew but I guess they're pretty busy these days.

I can't find a single incoming e-mail from you (assuming you used the optusnet account from the other post), nor a post in our forum... which e-mail address did you use?

1) I've noticed that some 737ng panels (the "new" style) have got a horizontal bar in the PFD. Others have the pointed arrow style representing the aircraft in the AI on the PFD. Does the 737ng PM software give you the choice?

Yes, it does. You can set inverted V or crosshair in the Menu of the Demo to check.

2) Does the 737ng PM software allow you to toggle between the "new" and "old" styles of glass panels? Are you able to for e.g mix the old EICAS with the new PFD and ND?

It really depends on the combination you are looking for. You can't for instance have a 747 style PFD with the round EICAS gauges of the 737 with two engines.

Best Regards

Enrico Schiratti

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Hey Jono. The short answer to all your PM questions is yes.. PM is the most flexible software I have ever used. You can use everything from old steam gauges to the newest looking GC and anything in between!!!

Thanks

Thanks for the response guys.
    Jono

Administrator

Jono:

Today, there has been some shifting and consolidating in some areas of the forum. Project Magenta questions now can be found under Cockpit Software: MS-FS, Project Magenta

Feel free to ask any Project Magenta question here. The team looks over the forum many times a day. If you don't receive a reply here we can try to find the answer in the PM Newsgroup and link it back here.

We are so honored to have Enrico posting answers to your questions in the forum. With the New Instructor Station released I am sure the PM team will be busy fielding questions as more and more users find the advantages of the new software.

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by W9XE/Project777
    Jono:
    We are so honored to have Enrico posting answers to your questions in the forum. With the New Instructor Station released I am sure the PM team will be busy fielding questions as more and more users find the advantages of the new software.
    Don't be honoured, please.

Also, the best and preferred way to get to us is still support@projectmagenta.com, abd please do not expect answers here, my presence here can't be expected on top of my many other duties.

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Quote Originally Posted by shiratti
    Don't be honoured, please.
    Whether you like it or not.... we're honoured

I agree with Enrico the best place to get PM support is support@projectmagenta.com and which Enrico forgot to mention the Project Magenta User Forum http://news.projectmagenta.com:8080/

We'll gladly help you here, but at http://news.projectmagenta.com:8080/ there is a multitude of PM related software help there

On the color question of MIPS. From what I can see is that the picture lighting is different. I know that from taking my own pictures. My MIP is definately a grey, yet when using a flash. it looks more blue. You can see that on a picture on my site. And I know that if you order your MIP from FDS, that the color is correct for a 737NG new style. I and Chad Demuth-Olsen have got the color match formula on our sites also. Of course, I am sure that FDS is open to painting it any color you want, but that will delay your shippment probably.
    Rodney -
    Real 727-200 pit
    Last Flown as N392PA
    FS9

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney
    On the color question of MIPS. From what I can see is that the picture lighting is different. I know that from taking my own pictures. My MIP is definately a grey, yet when using a flash. it looks more blue. You can see that on a picture on my site. And I know that if you order your MIP from FDS, that the color is correct for a 737NG new style. I and Chad Demuth-Olsen have got the color match formula on our sites also. Of course, I am sure that FDS is open to painting it any color you want, but that will delay your shippment probably.
    Rodney:

I wondered why the colors when taking pictures myself. My 717 MIP looks blue in photos but Boeing grey in visual. I had taken some pictures to send to someone of some panels. They turned out blue looking. When he replied to me the answer. I was using indoor white balance when taking pictures outside. If it's set to florescent lighting you will easily get a blue hue in the photo. Such a simple solution to something you just don't think about when taking pictures.