Thread: GAGC and PMRJ
02-03-2008, 09:33 PM #1
GAGC and PMRJ
Today i noticed something strange while running PMRJ and the GAGC I was useing a goflight rotary to turn the heading bug but the PM software was acting like it was fighting the move. Basicly it would try to turn but just sit there and vibrate but not go anywhere no matter how slow i turned the rotary I turned off the GAGC and it worked perectly. Any ideas why this might be happening?Mike G.
02-04-2008, 08:40 AM #2
1) You were running PMRJ and GAGC at the same time? (Im trying to understand why also, just curious)
2) Did you unplug the GoFlight unit from your USB and restart?
3) Are you using a powered USB Hub for the GF products? (If not, it's a great investment-took away all my issues on the GF working sometimes and not at others.)
02-04-2008, 11:04 AM #3
To answer those questions
1. I do not have any way to change radio/nav settings with out using my mouse in FS so i run my GAGC on a third computer then all i have to do is tune my radio/nav with the keyboard commands provided by PM. this way I do not have to switch views in FS while on my second PC the PMRJ is running. A benifit to that is that the GAGC has a very limited (waiting for updates) FMS so i can use it as a flight planning tool. And besides it nice to have another view of all the airports and if i zoom in to them i can see the direction of the runways if I am flying VFR.
2. Yes i did unplug the GF unit and it did not solve the problem. I did notice that the only two areas the are affected by this problem are the heading and Altitude bugs.
3. No i am not using a powered USB hub but i will look into getitng one soon.Mike G.
02-04-2008, 11:12 AM #4
- Join Date
- Oct 2005
- Holley, New York U.S.A.
Almost sounds to me like you have something interfering with the PM autopilot. Maybe the software you are using has it's own?Bob Reed
02-04-2008, 11:20 AM #5
02-04-2008, 11:47 AM #6
It may not be the first time its happened it might have always been there i just never used anything but the GAGC keyboard command until i fianlly decdied to hook up my GF module while i finish my cockpit shell. I didnt even think of the autopilot situation i will go in and make sure it is off. Thanks.Mike G.
02-04-2008, 12:09 PM #7
- Join Date
- Dec 2006
02-04-2008, 12:09 PM #8
So i went into the aircraft.cfg and removed anything that related to the autopilot. i had already gone into the Panel.cfg and reoved every gauge. this did not solve the problem. It may have something to do with the GAGC since it does not do it with PMRJ software.
ahhhhh i will turn it off. ThanksMike G.
02-04-2008, 12:13 PM #9
Email Project magenta, thats all I can suggest at this point.________________________
02-04-2008, 12:14 PM #10
The only refrence i could find in the GAGC config file was
Autopilot=Off / Show/hide autopilot interface
It was already set to Off.
Am i looking in the right spot?
Yeah just thought i would come here first just in case it was an easy fix I will email them now thanks.Mike G.
By BlackWidow in forum PM General Q & AReplies: 2Last Post: 09-02-2008, 02:46 PM
By autocadplease in forum PM General Q & AReplies: 2Last Post: 07-08-2008, 05:17 PM
By Marc Nieuwhof in forum PM General Q & AReplies: 1Last Post: 01-16-2006, 04:34 AM
By Enrico Schiratti in forum PM General Q & AReplies: 1Last Post: 01-11-2006, 05:35 PM
By Thomas Richter in forum PM General Q & AReplies: 2Last Post: 11-21-2004, 03:11 PM