Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Thanks Guys for information.

I agree with Matt that prioritisation is very important for a software company to ensure quality and I hope this works out for PM. I myself never experienced being "spoiled" by PM support but I am looking forward to when they will release updates.

My main focus in starting this thread was to find out if other Airbus PM users had found workarounds or "fixes" (via configuration) to the problems I posted.

I am determined to keep using the airbus PM software and not to let the problems spoil it for me. So I was hoping that there is a way of either configuring the software or flight model, or a way of flying the airbus (in terms of customised procedures) that you guys have found work for you and that still allow you to fly and enjoy!

cheers,
    Ryan.

Last I knew my idea to have a comprehensive PM bug and work-around list was going to be hosted here. But haven't heard anything more ... any news guys?
    Nic D'Alessandro
    737NG builder (Hobart, Australia)
    http://simsation.com.au

Yup ... that figures
    Nic D'Alessandro

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Nic, folks working on this site, accept the server administrator, are volunteers. There is a new version of vBulletin 3.7 (that's in Beta) that will give us more flexibility with search capabilities. That may not be enough, we'll have to wait and see.

It would be nice to have a bottomless pit of cash and say, I'll hire someone to do it. It's just not there. Although we're slowly adding more advertisers, more income. Still not enough to pay all the bills.

Our (MyCockpit.org) intent is to have a comprehensive PM bug report, and we will.

Matt O.

Yes understood - but I'd volunteered to do it originally. In a technical sense all it would take is an HTML page with a few tables. If site upgrades present a better technical solution later on then that's great, but we could do something simpler in the interim.
    Nic D'Alessandro

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Thumbs up Do It!!!!!! :) :)

Quote Originally Posted by NicD View Post
    Yes understood - but I'd volunteered to do it originally. In a technical sense all it would take is an HTML page with a few tables. If site upgrades present a better technical solution later on then that's great, but we could do something simpler in the interim.

FANTASTIC!!!!! DO IT!!!! I'll create a link from the PM section to the HTML page.

Very much appreciate it Nic.

Tim
    Please remember that Pm software has been in development for a very long time, upwards of seven years now. The irritating part is the suites are still not finished, and we wait ...........

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Please remember that Pm software has been in development for a very long time, upwards of seven years now. The irritating part is the suites are still not finished, and we wait ...........
    I think PM is a great quality product, but have to agree with your statements.

Will have to wait and see how long it will take to see some development on the airbus family suite.
    Luis Gordo
    Instructor StationTM - www.iStationGordo.com

Ok, well I'm right in a busy period now with work, but will get to it when I can.

I'll source the information from this forum so that it's simply a one-stop list of what's already publicly known amongst builders. It's not meant to be a political thing - just something by builders for builders. So I'll be inviting everyone to submit information so we can keep it all up-to-date.
    Nic D'Alessandro

I gathered this list regarding PM Airbus Suite. Many things missing, but it may be used as a base to add more things. Hope it helps.

MCDU

BUGS

- IMM Exit button does not work (ie. aircraft does not exit the holding pattern when getting to the fix). How can you exit the holding pattern? Currently, as the IMM Exit is not working, I select DIR TO the next waypoint (but in this way, the airplane fails to follow the LNAV inserted in the MCDU). “Resume HOLD” does not appear when selecting “IMM Exit”.

- How can a missed approach procedure (MAP) be inserted? Theoretically, the MAP should be implemented in the navigational database (here, Navdata). Since I guess this is something we will not see in the near future (if at all), it would be helpful to be able to insert waypoints, fixes, etc. AFTER the destination airport.

- The OVERFLY of a fix seems not to be working (the aircraft will not overfly, nor it is indicated on the ND or on the MCDU).

- SID procedures do not appear on ND map before being inserted (they should appear in yellow).

- Only 3 types of manual braking a re present in an Airbus (MIN, MED, MAX). The MAX is selected before takeoff. It is automatically deselected when disarming the speedbrakes. No need to manually turn it off after take-off.

MISSING FEATURES

- Alternate flightplan.
    - Temporary Flightplan (yellow lines)

FCU

BUGS

- When cruising, you should be able to select a lower altitude and later push the knob to initiate descent. Currently, if a lower altitude is dialed with the knob (no push or pull), the airplane initiates descent immediately.

MISSING FEATURES

- Fly By Wire (FBW) module & flight protection modes.
    - Side stick priority management.
    - AutoLand offset.

GLASS COCKPIT

BUGS

- When the magenta circle is shown during descent (the one that indicates the planned VNAV on the MCDU) there is a horizontal line dashing through the whole diplay (also magenta).

- The descent arrow does not appear on the ND when navigating to it, and the point is never reached (ie. “Deccelerate” never really shows up on the PFD FMA area nor does the point come closer on the MCDU – it seems to move further on).

MISSING FEATURES

pmSYSTEMS

BUGS

MISSING FEATURES

- ECAM actions upon failures.

- Master Warning and Master Caution implementation.
    Luis Gordo
    Instructor StationTM - www.iStationGordo.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast