Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: UK Builders

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Back of Hols

Folks, back of Hols from Feurteventura...... shame!

Next step of the RTW tour is Kuwait (OKBK) to Karachi (OPKC), Thursday evening.

Will report back as usual for you all.

Daveanne

500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

deadlocking my workshop door

i've been reading these posts and frankly i'm worried. i have to keep getting up in the middle of the night to see all my cockpit is still there )
    did anybody decide anything about going to concorde?
    dave....are doing the flight 'online'? if so, what's your callsign, i'll kep an eye open for you.
    regards to all ..... ian

RTW flight

Hi Ian,
    Not tried the "online" side of the system yet, if you remember we talked about it whilst we were at your place, but never got around to explaining it to me.

Just flying in the attic around the world.

Question, if I may, just bought an FMC kit from OpenCockpits and trying to interface it with FS 2004, any tips? especially about recreating the screen onto a small 5" monitor, everyone say's that it can only be done using PM?

Best wishes

Dave & Anne Holt

150+ Forum Groupie

Mycockpit.org Hi Dave

Sorry it took me a while to get back!

the usb-vga adaptor is available from CPC www.cpc.co.uk
    order code is CS2179505and its £39.50 +vat

For the FMC undock it at put it on a spare monitor and use key2mouse for the LSK keys, PMDG for the INITREF,FIX etc and Key2Mouse for the KBD select then when thats pressed all the alphabetical keys work as per a normal keyboard (you just a to remember to press the extra switch I put in when you want to type something but you soon get very used to it!)

then for the screen i came up with a rather unusual way of doing it- basically as you need to see the whole CDU for K2m etc I used a cheap CCTV camera connected to the LCD in the cdu and focused in on just the screen bit, takes a bit of tinkering with and im sure someone will come up with a better solution but works for me!

Cheers
    Steve

ps.what time are we meeting behind Ians garage with our balaclavas on?... are you bringing the 'swag' bag?
    another bedroom boeing.....

5. Thanks magicaldr thanked for this post

Sorry Steve you are probably too late - where do you think Dave has been this last 2 weeks - secreting his ill gotten simulator gains - he says he's been to Feurteventura............

150+ Forum Groupie

Thumbs up *laughing!*

I suppose we should tell Ian that he is is having one of those failure / emergency things
    EG:
    Flying without an engine,
    Flying without instruments
    Flying without a throttle
    Flying without a seat
    Flying without radios,overhead panel,outside view or a yoke......

another bedroom boeing.....

Talking

Anyone fancy a Concorde visit? I have a screwdriver!

Screw driver!!!

I positively refute that remark, I didn't nick anything form Fuerteventrua at all, mind you there were 3 x 737 800's on the tarmac at Liverpool when I came back, unattended too......

The latest episode in the RTW trip:
    Started at Stand 3 Kuwait (OKBK) 12:00 (Sim local)
    P1 John Farley (fellow Glider/Motor Glider pilot), P2 me, Technical advisor and amateur Trolley Dolly (he must learn the difference between a fridge and a freezer), Ian Skinner (1st Officer Thompson Airways).
    Weather: 350/07kts QNH 1012 NOSIG
    FMC programme took 20 minutes; ALVIX 3C SID then to DESLU, SYZ, SRJ, 2760E, PUNEL and Direct to OPKC (Karachi) a distance of 1084 N Miles.
    Push back 12:28 and taxi to 33L (line up and wait), cleared “runway heading climb to 5,000”. Slight problem with centre line following down the runway but managed to take off (good job its 11,155 ft long).
    Climbed on runway heading, gear up MCP on up to 220kts and reduce Flaps, vectored onto 080 and given clearance up to 15,000ft then 085 then own navigation. Further clearances to: 20,000, 23,000, 34,000, and finally 37,000ft.
    On route and at cruise of 37K @ .78M with a tailwind of 116kts at one stage, handed over to Tehran ATC, good visibility and scenery crossing over the GULF along the southern Iranian shoreline to the Pakistani border, handed over to Karachi ATC.
    Decent: 35,000, 24,000, 13,000, 12,000, 6,000, 3,000ft and vectored for a right hand circuit to 25R at OPKC. Further decent to 2,500ft for ILS capture and approach, visibility very poor low down and managed to pickup the VASI at 5 miles out, ILS approach with 3 greens, 40 degrees of flap and 145 knts.
    Disengaged MCP at 300ft for a manual touchdown by John, slight ‘ballooning’ on landing, but well controlled, reverse thrust and slight braking, turning off at the 2nd intersection (Bravo), talked to ground and given clearance to the ramp (our choice).
    The plan was to taxi to the Eastern Apron and park up at stand 17 on the Jinnah Terminal, that was the plan….
    John didn’t quite understand my directions and we managed to stuff the left hand wing tip into the passenger gangway at stand 17…….. Hey Ho!!
    So I have to pay for the Airframes crew to fly out to Pakistan to fix it before we can carry on next week, had a quick look at it, some one said that if I turn off the PC and re-start it would look like it had never happened at all……. Marvellous!
    Flight time 3 hrs BO to BO (well didn’t need the brakes after we crashed into the concourse, it was rather jammed in).
    Tune in next week for the further adventures of: “2 Amateurs and a Trolley Dolly”, a story of compassion and unadulterated fear!!!!(plus a couple of beers to keep us all calm………… and sane!).
    Next week: Karachi (OPKC) to Delhi (VIDP)
    Daveanne
    I'me game for the Concorde trip?

hi guys, i have been flying round the world constantly since the sim was built, whenever I have a chance i do a leg following the world flight route, at the monment im following the route from 2006.

Here is a report of the last flight which was Dijboute to Entebbe.

"Woke up to a glorious hot sunny day in Africa, turned up at the airfield to find the 747 on bricks ... got N'gubu the mechanic to fix it and was ready for take off at 1 pm local time, first officer didn't show up again so decided to head off on my own, FMC programing took 50 minutes and a hammer to complete, a Zulu 1 departure was confirmed in the box with a block height of "Dont hit kilamanjaro" set in the right hand side. Took off, flew in clouds during the ascent (cool) followed the A-Z for most of the route and turned right at tanzania towards Kampala, arrived over Lake "Idi" formaly Victoria approx 2hrs into the flight and performed a Hippo one STAR for an NDB AM / FM approach into Entebbe, by this time the weather had deteriorated to minimums 100 miles in clear visibility and hot sun so things were really tricky.
    Landed successfully and applied maximum autobrake and full reverse to avoid the wildebeste. taxied in nice and slow to enable some of the poor locals time to sprint over the perimeter fence open the cargo door and steal the suitcases, eventually arrived on stand after passing serveral suspicious looking hercules aircraft painted Silver and loaded with wooden crates, surrounded by strange looking men in sunglasses and baseball caps chewing gum. After landing we noticed part of the flap system was missing after being hit by a sam missile over the congo. ... oh how we laughed !

Will report on the next leg for you ASAP

best wishes John

11. Thanks ian@737ng.co.uk, steveeverson thanked for this post

WEdnesday evening's flight 09/04/08

G-HOLT Karachi (OPKC) to Dehli (VIDP) 09/04/08

Yet another tail of the unfortunate and the poor pilots of Cheshire, (just me and John, fellow Glider Pilot), minus "Trolley Dolly", this time, had to get me own tea and P2's too, left him in charge whilst I swanked, yes swanked with the pax in the back........!!!! Well I went down to the kitchen to make a brew.

Tried to start off at stand 17 Karachi (OPKC), however when I tried to position it there Flight Sim decided to crash it into the building....?, so we decided on stand 76 instead.

Local (sim time) 16:00 hrs and started the FMC programming.

Weather: 270/09 kts 7000 vis scattered cloud, temp 26 QNH 1011 NOSIG Runway 25L in use.

Route: BADIL2C (SID), RK, TIGER, LUN, PEKIX, AVGON, DIR to DELHI (VIDP).

Clearance: Fly RWY heading climb to 6000ft SQ 3261.

Push back: 16:18, Start-up and taxi: 16:22, cleared to line-up RWY 25L and wait.

Cleared Takeoff: 16:29 (sim local).

Uneventful roll and takeoff, climbed runway heading (254 degrees) , gear up reduce flaps, 210kts, then 250kts climb on V NAV.

Vectored to turn right on 035 and climb to 12,000ft, then 15,000 then given direct to RK and own navigation LNAV & VNAV

Further climb's to: 23,000, 34,000 and finally 35,000 @ 0.765M Winds @ 326/31kts.

Purposely calculated the time of take off so that we should get some nice views of the journey especially the decent and landing in dusk and then early evening at Delhi.

Stayed with Karachi ATC until TIGER, then handed over to Delhi control for the rest.

Descents: still on L & V Nav down to: 27,000, 24,000 (upper cloud layer 1/8th Cu), 13,000, 12,000, (advised vectors to 28 at Delhi), given 105 degrees and down to 7000ft, back into cloud, 090 degrees and down to 4000ft (right hand circuit onto 28 ILS (110.3 PLM 284 degrees) eased back onto 090 degrees to move away from airfield then 195, then 255 degrees until ILS capture not below 3,000ft.

Intercepted the centre line and held on VOR lock, reduced speed to 170kts with 10 degrees flap (as per Ian's instructions), captured the glide slope and reduced down to 40 degrees flap 145kts for final, gear down and three Green's at about 4 miles out (could now see the HIALS & PAPI).

Dialled into the MCP 3,600ft in case of Go-around (already programmed into FMC too).

Slight bounce on touchdown, see I can do it as well..........B****llocks!

Turned off at 'M' and reported into ground who cleared us to the ramp (our choice), found that we had missed the turn off we wanted and had to do a "U" at the cargo area to get back to the International Terminal stand 46, where we reside at the present, shut down and disembark.

18:26 local time BO to BO: 2:08 hrs 628 miles.

Didn't crash into the concourse this time....Phew...!!!!

See you all next Wednesday Delhi (VIDP) to Dhaka (VGZR)?

Dave & Anne.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567