Thread: Erj

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Erj

Hello,
    My name is David Katona, and I'm kind of a beginner in home cockpit building. I'd like to build an ERJ-145 cockpit. I've read about the pmSystem, so I wonder, I could set up an ERJ overhead panel? If I understand it correctly, the pmSystem can control offsets that the FS does not know?
    Thank you in advance, and sorry if these are very simple question.

Regards
    David Katona
    Hungary

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Hi David. When using PMsystems you can create any kind of overhead you like. But most of the functions and logic you will create will be calling some FSUIPC offsets. These offsets fill in the gaps where Flightsim left off. For instance FS itself doesn't output for all settings. FSUIPC fills in the gaps by digging the information out of flightsim and makes the information available for access. The APU is a perfect example of a FSUIPC Function not a Flightsim function.

Best regards,

Trev

Hello Trev.
    Thank you for your answer.
    So there are some offsets that are not in FS, neither in Fsuipc. As I think, correct me please if I misunderstanded: with the switches and buttons I control the PMsystems, so i set up the PMsystem to be close to reality (for example Normal start-up procedure, and if I do that, the PMsystem will make theFS to start the engine.). Is that correct?

Regards
    David

Hi David,

You can investigate further using the sysvar.txt provided with pmsystems.

This allows you to programme functions using FSUIPC and the native pm offsets provided by Pete Dowson to achieve startup, and other more complex functions.

This can be linked via hardware and I/O cards to give you functionality, or by modifying the graphic file supplied by pmsystems to acheive the same result.
    Paul

Project ERJ 145
    www.erj145sim.net

Thank you!

There's still a problem. What happens if I would like to use an older aircraft? I mean, for example a BAC 1-11. There is no Project magenta software for its displays. I've read about widefs, that the main panel could run on another computer, with the gauges. Can I mix them? I mean, there's the PMsystem for the overhead panel on a computer, connected to the overhead hardware. There is a computer with the Flight Simulator, and there is another computer with Flight Simulator, but only the main panel with the gauges I need, altimeter, etc. (On monitors behind a panel, so only the gauges would be shown.) Is that possible at all, or I really don't understand the whole thing?
    Otherwise, how would it be possible to use non-project magenta glass cockpit gauges? I'd like to have the BAC 1-11 style instruments.
    Sorry for the lot of questions

Regards
    David

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

You could find a panel of the BAC-111 that is acurate and flyable and use MS panel studio to build a panel as I and others have done for aircraft unsupported by PM and everyone else.

You will have that panel configuration linked to that aircraft (the BAC-111) and FS will call it up when you load that aircraft.

PM isn't for every builder. I dare not say more.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!