150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question F/O GC and VOR course

Okay folks, need some help from the advanced PM users, here ...

Premise: I use CPFlight MCP/EFIS/radios modules, all (seemingly) working okay, with the last available firmware, that is 2.06. Same for all PM modules (Boeing set).

Last night, setting up the instruments to perform a SID with two segments placed along VOR radials, I decided to set up the NAV radios and courses to monitor - with raw data - the execution of that SID, flown in LNAV mode from 400 ft. AGL on, FD until 1500 ft AGL, CMD A passing 1500 ft AGL.

So I set NAV1 with the frequency pertaining to ABC vor, and NAV2 with the frequency pertaining to XYZ vor; then I selected the desidered NAV1 course on the captain side selector, and the desidered NAV2 course on the F/O side selector. FD was master on capt side.

First of all, is this procedurally correct ?

Okay, then what I saw was:

the ND on captain side showed the green dotted line of the radial relative to the selected course for that side, graphically centered on the VOR active on NAV1, as I expected,

BUT

the ND on the F/O side showed the green dotted line of the radial relative to the selected course for that other side ... but graphically still centered on the same VOR active on NAV1, not on the NAV2 selected vor !!!

Is this correct ?

I had made sure, obviously, that:
    a) it was the first officer PFD/ND page (activated by F5) displayed on that client PC;
    b) the relative GC.ini had the "F/O Side" setting active: this was proved by the PFD showing F/O's altimeter, set by its correspondent EFIS, and for a different, independent value from CAPT's altimeter ...

Now, what am I missing ?

Answers/suggestions welcome ...
    Happy landings and always three greens !!

Eu

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Hey,

I just want to be sure of one thing.

You are running two separate licenses right? One for captain software, and one for First officer Software?

Please be advised the Project Magenta requires a separate license for either side.

If you are, then you should have seen the correct indication on the FO side pertaining to the FO CRS selection. Also your VOR Select switch on your FO EFIS Panel had to have been set for VOR#2.

Best regards,

Trev

150+ Forum Groupie

Yes Sir !

Yep, valid licence (and key) for the F/O Side, GC and RCDU.

It's the last detail you mentioned that I have not sure memory about, that's the EFIS Control Panel selector switch between NAV1 and NAV 2.

Will try and check tonight, thanks for the indication !!!

Eu

Eu

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Yeah no problem.

Remember you stated that NAV1 / VOR1 was showing on your Capt side, in order to see the NAV2/VOR2 on the FO side you will need to have the FO side selected to show VOR2.

The biggest question I have is weather or not the CRS button on the MCP Pro changes the NAV1 CRS or the NAV2 Crs.

Something to look into, but if it doesn't I think you can select the NAV2 CRS in the FMC.

Best regards,

Trev

150+ Forum Groupie

Red face mind you ...

To be precise: I think I had both EFIS switches set, therefore i could see the green arrows pointing to the right direction, where the respective VOR station is.

Yet, the green dotted line showing the radial was centered on NAV1 for both displays:
    on CAPT ND, with the course selected on CAPT course;
    on F/O ND, with the course selected on F/O course.

No need to use the FMC to set the desired course.

But I expected the green radial on right side ND to be centered on VOR2, not VOR1

... did I make myself clearer ?

Sorry for my english, anyway !!!

Eu