Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

always consider all options, just becuase you have the cash saved up may mean you can buy the gear but then realise there is a better one this is one of the main things you need to consider in simbuilding an i getting something that
    >looks good
    >does the job
    >right price

a major money eater is later deciding to sell gear that you bought in a hurry in getting started then selling some at half the price because you decide to change something - this indeed has happened in this forum (not mentioning any names) and that is a hurdle i'm watching out for.

good luck and welcome to our world,

geremy

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 737 Gez View Post
    always consider all options, just becuase you have the cash saved up may mean you can buy the gear but then realise there is a better one this is one of the main things you need to consider in simbuilding an i getting something that
    >looks good
    >does the job
    >right price

a major money eater is later deciding to sell gear that you bought in a hurry in getting started then selling some at half the price because you decide to change something - this indeed has happened in this forum (not mentioning any names) and that is a hurdle i'm watching out for.

good luck and welcome to our world,

geremy
    YES!!!! I agree with you Geremy! You need to make sure you do the research to see what will work for YOU and YOUR plans! All our recommendations mean nothing if it will not work how YOU want it to. We can point, but you need to make sure it works as YOU want it to and how YOU plan to use it! Otherwise you waste your money and you get frustrated, none of us want to see that.
    Bob Reed

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom11011 View Post
    I'm thinking they will have to be temporary at first but the goal being to replace them down the road.

Bob, I'm sure you get this all the time, but where did you get your throttle quadrant and why did you choose 2 plasma screens instead of a projector?

thanks
    Hi Tom. Yes I do get this all the time. The TQ is an early Symularity (?) Works ok. The motors are there for automation but I have not interfaced them yet. My plasmas.... I got them for working on another sim and that is why I "chose" them. My sim space is very limited in the front of the sim. 6 feet and in that is my washer and dryer. So there is no room for anything else. I do not recommend 2 screens this would be ideal for 3 but there again I would not have room for 3 monitors the size I am using (42") nor do I plan to buy a 3rd plasma screen for this use. I am working on other plans. I will say that my out the window view is VERY VERY nice only problem on approach (2 monitor issue) is the runway can be hidden behind the screens frames. This is why I do not recommend 2 monitors. But all in all this setup works pretty good.
    Bob Reed

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Trevor Hale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom11011 View Post
    Trevor, I'm thinking I may want to go with the new for 2008 B737NG PRO-M MIP/MAIN from Flight Deck Solutions.
    http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/f...pic.php?t=3412

I think this would limit my MCP to something that is to scale. I think cpflight is 85% to scale.

When you say 2 efis panels, do you mean the 2 on the capt side as well as the center panel?

I'm not familiar with the Phidgets LED64 card, can you elaborate a little?

Should I not think about some cheaper yolks and pedals before the cdu?

Boeing Skunk works, I'm guessing for $5K you are talking about actual parts of retired 72s?

thanks guys.
    The New CP Flight MCP is 100% scale, and the EFIS panels go on either side of the MCP, to control the ND (range, and mode)

The Led64 card allows 64 led's and is easily programmed to connect directly to PMsystems, no other software required. (sweet unit) You will need an interface, so if you go an buy the FDS one, make sure you have some other aux switch inputes to that unit.

Either way, everyone has their own opinion. Good luck and enjoy the hobby.

Trev

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12