Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Thanks for the info. That's pretty neat the way Gables designed the buttons on that head. It does look like there's bulbs in there.

The reason I go from 5VDC to 12VDC if I can't get any light out of the plate is that I'm scared I may have missed something during the probe and don't want to hit it with 28(24)VDC if in fact they really are 5VDC.

Although 12VDC might burn them up too, it may give me a half second longer to remove the probes.

You were explaining the bulb arrangement the different manufacturers use to light the plates; the radar display I just received is as you described with the bulbs actually being mounted in the equipment. The Collins 614's are the same way. Or was it the HF radio? Now I can't remember.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Pictures of my project

All,

Here are the pictures I promised; my restoration of a 727-100 instrument panel along with Overhead Panel and Throttle quad.

Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Fantastic Rick, what a wonderful project, excellent looking equipment, congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by 3-Holer View Post
    All,

Here are the pictures I promised; my restoration of a 727-100 instrument panel along with Overhead Panel and Throttle quad.

Rick
    Very nice. Good to see another 727 instrument panel on this forum. Looks like home to me!

What is the module between the anti-skid and Flight Control Warning Test module in the left bay of the overhead?

If you need a -100 landing gear panel (less acuator) let me know. I might have a contact with one that is particular to the -100 series. I know the light arrangement is different for that varient.
    Boeing Skunk Works

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

The module above the Anti-Skid panel is "GPWS--OFF, NORM". [GPWS=Ground Proximity Warning System]. The switch cover is typically safety-wired (copper wire) to the "NORM" position. When in the "OFF" position, the GPWS is disabled and allows abnormal landings, that involve flap problems or zero-flap, to occur without the GPWS warning going off during the approach (flap position is one of several parameters monitored by GPWS). This panel is also sometimes located elsewhere on the overhead and, on some aircraft, it can be found on the lower Flight Engineer (FE) panel. There is a "GPWS" amber light that indicates system problems on the "Door Warning" light panel located on the lower FE panel as well. When a GPWS dynamic warning is tripped, the pilot/co-pilot have their own "Pull Up" and "Below Glideslope" indicators on their respective panels that will illuminate accordingly along with the aural warning.

Thanks for mentioning it, but I already have the -100 peculiar landing gear panel plus light module but did not include it in the picture due to it being stored in a box at the moment (I also have the gear handle itself). At the moment, I do not have the physical space in the apartment to properly set-up my instrument panel until I move to a bigger place, probably later this year. Right now, I work on the panels and other stuff individually as I get them ready for integration into a full-blown panel set-up sometime in the future. I also have the fire handle assembly and glareshield, but those are stored as well.

I temporarily put the panels against the wall for the purpose of getting the pictures, so I could show them here.

Rick

That must be particular to the -100 series. The -200 GPWS "GPWS--OFF, NORM" is controlled only on the FE panel or by a CB. I'd have to check which P-panel it's on. The -200 includes a test panel with a single push-button and Korry indicator and the failure annunciator can be found on some models integrated with the overhead speaker panel. On others, it's on the left (right) MIP. I guess it depends on when it was built and what the customer specified.

The PULL UP and BELOW G/S warnings are located in various locations on the -200. Mine are located just above the right side of the A/S indicator, though I have seen them farther over on the left panel where my windshear indicators are and below the VSI on others.

It's like trying to re-build a '70 455 Stage1 Buick GS from the ground up without a build sheet.
    Boeing Skunk Works