Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Airbus

[QUOTE=Westozy;47513]

Roberto, the mounting area of the yoke is little difficult to work with as the fibreglass is quite thin. Is it possible to manufacture them with a timber ring installed at the back of the flange area to build up the thickness a little. I can see some builders are possibly going to have problems finding a way to mount them. I had to cut off the protruding section on the back of the yoke in order to have two flat surfaces to work with. I overcame this problem by glueing some thick waste plastic to the inside of the handle to reinforce the flange mount area. I drilled and tapped these reinforcements after the glue had set to take the four 3/16" bolts. Just a suggestion, I don't know what you had in mind as an idea for mounting them.

Thanks for the feedback I will probably make a Plastic ring CNC cut to place on the Back of the Yoke or I will ask the guy that molds them if he can make it thicker... I thought it was thicker on that part I actually specified on it!! As for the protounding section on the back actially that is from the original Yoke that part is where the mechanical Gear goes that connects the Yoke to the Stand itself so I cannot get rid of it but It can be made more solid!! My idea was to throw a nut all the way through the fornt of the Yoke to the back and then somehow attach it to the stand... Could you send me more detailed pictures of what you have done? Will make this second run thicker on the Back!

Thanks.

Roberto

MyCockpit Support Staff

[quote=dodiano;47529]
    Quote Originally Posted by Westozy View Post

Roberto, the mounting area of the yoke is little difficult to work with as the fibreglass is quite thin. Is it possible to manufacture them with a timber ring installed at the back of the flange area to build up the thickness a little. I can see some builders are possibly going to have problems finding a way to mount them. I had to cut off the protruding section on the back of the yoke in order to have two flat surfaces to work with. I overcame this problem by glueing some thick waste plastic to the inside of the handle to reinforce the flange mount area. I drilled and tapped these reinforcements after the glue had set to take the four 3/16" bolts. Just a suggestion, I don't know what you had in mind as an idea for mounting them.

Thanks for the feedback I will probably make a Plastic ring CNC cut to place on the Back of the Yoke or I will ask the guy that molds them if he can make it thicker... I thought it was thicker on that part I actually specified on it!! As for the protounding section on the back actially that is from the original Yoke that part is where the mechanical Gear goes that connects the Yoke to the Stand itself so I cannot get rid of it but It can be made more solid!! My idea was to throw a nut all the way through the fornt of the Yoke to the back and then somehow attach it to the stand... Could you send me more detailed pictures of what you have done? Will make this second run thicker on the Back!

Thanks.

Roberto
    When I do the second one this week, I'll take pics of how I modify it to fit my flange. Some novices can be a bit heavy handed flying sims so I think a flange with a hollow axle is probably the strongest way to mount it, it feels quite sturdy. If the centre section was solid it could be drilled and fitted with a tube but that's a difficult drilling operation on a valueable piece of gear, it might break if the drill jammed. It was easy to cut off the protruding piece on the back of the yoke with a hacksaw and I cleaned up the sharp edges with the Dremel sander. This left a hole about 40mm in diameter, it should be easy to feed the wiring through.

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Nice work Gwyn.

Will you be using a shaft collar to hold the yoke to the column head?
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

MyCockpit Support Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing Skunk Works View Post
    Nice work Gwyn.

Will you be using a shaft collar to hold the yoke to the column head?
    The cable drive pulley when made and fitted inside the elbow will more or less lock it all together but I've machined interference tolerances so it's all "push" fit, the parts fit together tight without glue or fasteners. There's no real load on these parts only the link cable tension which is not a great deal. The last pics show the handles firmly attached to the column heads, it works! More pics soon...

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Thumbs up More Photo Updates From Westozy

MyCockpit Support Staff

Thanks for posting those pics Matt, could you please send me a small tute on how you do it? I have the new passwords etc, thanks. (No hurry!)

These 12 pics are also in my 2nd album with detailed descriptions here http://www.mycockpit.org/photopost/s...ry.php?cat=560

Gwyn

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Thanks for the pics. That explains a lot. Nice work.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!