150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Go Flight TQ & Rudder Pedals

Hi,

Well, have reformatted my HD and reinstalled all the software from Wind. XP to FS everything and the system is running like a jet!!

However, am having a small problem with the GF TQ and rudder pedals. I know when I first installed them a couple of years ago I had the same problem, but can't remember what I did to solve the problem (one of the problems with old age coming on!!) I'm using the PMDG 737-800 model.

Anyways here's the problems I'm having

The brakes on the rudder pedals don't work. The throttles in the sim have a life of their own - go up and down and stop about halfway and the spoiler when deployed manually seems to go crazzilly up and down for a few seconds. Also the thrust reverser on engine 2 when activated also activates the "Views - Cycle"

I have tried reinstalling the GF software and recalibrating it, have deleted all FS TQ related assignments - nada. Anyone who owns or knows something about GF TQ's any ideas or suggestions. Have emailed GF but not holding my breath.

Many Thanks

Rob

Use FSUIPC if you have it. Disable all joysticks in FS. I too have had issues with the GF software, but was sucessfull using it. Better now that FSUIPC handles it all. Just my 2 cents.
    Rodney -
    Real 727-200 pit
    Last Flown as N392PA
    FS9

Hi Rob,

What Rodney says is a good option alltogether, but if you don't want to do that: I remember there was a file called Killjoy.cfg that came with the GF-TQ (or on one of the small disks with the installation files). It was a couple of lines that you should add to one of the .cfg files (devices.cfg? I'm not sure) from FS2004. It was to ensure that FS would recognize the TQ in the right way.
    Maybe you can find something at the GoFlight site, or otherwise, drop a line to John Krieg from GF.

Best of luck.....
    Jaap

I just worked with John on some issues I was having and he took really good care of me and fast. He can help you test things.

I would check your USB setup also. If you have a hub, try connecting the GF gear direct to the onboard USBs on the computer and see if the problem goes away. I know one of my USB hubs was very flaky and caused some similiar issues with the GF gear. Also make sure if it is a hub that it has its own power source and is not powered from the computer.

Scott