Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    500+ This must be a daytime job BHawthorne's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by manhattan View Post
    Hi Bri.

Any chance of explaining what monitors are going to go where? If you are using an AGP dual head for two monitors, how will you run your 3togo? From a PCI card? Can this be done? If you could explain exactly what cards are to receive what (view/ instrument/ 3togo) it would be a help.
    Good luck with the idea.

TONY
    AGP+PCI sounds like a recipe for a slide show setup if it's going to push outside display. You not going to get that good of a FPS output on that. If it was just going to do instruments it might not be so bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by BHawthorne View Post
    AGP+PCI sounds like a recipe for a slide show setup if it's going to push outside display. You not going to get that good of a FPS output on that. If it was just going to do instruments it might not be so bad though.
    Still confused - but hoping for some info from Bri'

TONY

So far I've been running 1 AGP and a PCI card running 3 monitors with no hit on frame rates in the upper 20's. My overhead projector runs off the VGA output and my MIP, 26" HDTV/Monitor, is connected to the DVI output. The other card only has 1 VGA output that I use for the overhead panel and other popups. When I get back to NC and get the sim rebuilt, the triple head will come off the DVI outpit of the AGP card with the MIP monitor coming off the standard monitor output. The view on the triple head will be the forward VC view without cockpit or the normal view of the outside windowed away from the instrument panel. I'll see which one shows the widest view. I'm adding a third PCI card for the MFD and overhead panel. The older PCI card will be for the FMC/GPS or other popups as needed for the aircraft I'm flying. I don't need the radio stacks or autopilot because I have the GoFlight mods for them. If I have to, after putting all this together and coming up with lousy rates, I can network 4 more computers to up the rates. Just trying to keep it simple for now.
    Regards,
    Brian

Hello there folks, just arrived both at the forum and at the simworld.
    Just up and running FS9 w/3 scenery, 1 flight instrument and 1 radio/GPS flat monitors (5 tot). 1 agp, 2 pci on 3000 Intel 4 mobo. Just want to stay a small plane simmer.
    Adding the second PCI card made the rate drop below acceptance.
    Aiming for 7 monitors or 6 w/overhead projector of poor quality.

I was going to order th2go digital but realized I had a server Athlon 64 bit board with 2x2 prosessors, 2xpci-e that perhaps can be used. I already have 2 x 2 graphic adapters on that board, RX550 under Linux Fedora core 8.
    Will this board do the trick outlined above or will I still need to run computers in a LAN configuration to get a flickerfree and smooth (read realistic) scenery?
    What Windows operating system/FS version can make me benefit from 2 by 2 64 bit prosessor mobo?

Could I ask anyone of you how I get the FS to remember each monitors unlocked windows when I start the FS the next time.
    Thanks for the info about graphic cards on this thread. Very informative.
    Knut Michalsen

500+ This must be a daytime job JBaymore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    1.21 Gigawatts!
    Does he get stuttering if the flux capacitor overheats?

best,

..................john

PS: The "distributed computing" thing is an atempt to get decent smooth framerates with scads of images and interfaces all running. And to run aircraft instrumentation / simulation software that is NOT available directly within the MS sim itself (say like Ellie Systems or Project Magenta, etc.)

PPS: I just watched that video link with a very careful critical eye. There is stuttering there that I would find unacceptable. Maybe I am too critical about such things.... but....... I think all the rough camera handling in the video is helping to hide the lack of smoothness. And it is REALLY hard to tell how high the details setting is. The complexity might be set pretty low to get even that performance.

hahahahhaahaha a window lol you guys kill me. best person to talk to is probably Nic he seems to have the overall situation well under hand and investigated. Me im more or less doing the same thing as Nic. Sometimes I think we forget we are still abit limited by something called NOT REAL! lol Have fun guys but I could never go back to moniors with the frame seperations between windows it makes me feel like Im in a spaceship control tower or something. to me projectors are the way to go.JMO

Tim
    A340
    Canada

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456