Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Key2mouse .......?

Just wondering whether any key2mouse users out there can tell me whether this software can work with pop-up panels .....?

Does it / can it include macros to open up pop-up panels, or can you only use it to generate mouse clicks on a static panel that would not change ?

Thanks!

David R
    Durham, England

1979 Mooney M20J Cockpit builder ......

Hi David

The way key2mouse works, if you send a keystroke to your sim this can be turned into a click from a mouse. It will only click there with your mouse where you have told it to. It will only work with static windows that don’t change. It works great for the overhead from the Boeing 737 from PMDG. Because there is no other way, to control it. Hope this info will answer your question.

Cheers Norbert

Oh I see, thanks Norbert.

So in the case of the PMDG, it only works where the Overhead is undocked but left in a static position on the workspace?
    David R
    Durham, England

1979 Mooney M20J Cockpit builder ......

Yes that is the only way it really works. It would be great if I could kill the overhead logic from the PMDG and than do my own with Opencockits. But someone told me that it canít be done.

Hope that the new version from PMDG will be easier to build a cockpit with.

Cheers Norbert

Quote Originally Posted by nricky View Post
    Hope that the new version from PMDG will be easier to build a cockpit with.

Cheers Norbert
    Don't we all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by QF6228; 12-17-2007 at 03:34 PM.

MyCockpit Support Staff

Hi guys, I've been deep into this with PMDG and FDT and the basic fact is PMDG are aware of the potential of the opening up of the code and are reluctant to do so without "exploring the commercial value". I have been told they are re-writing some of the FS2004 version to improve overhead access and the new version for FSX is ongoing. There is a rumour of a package equivalent to PM coming from them too. I hope something comes of this, it has to sooner or later from somebody!

My direct emails to PMDG about the O/H issues were ignored so I asked Chris Brett from FDT to enquire and they replied to him answering some of the questions. (They only replied to me when I asked if 20 copies of 737NG were available!)

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

25+ Posting Member

Have a look at .....

http://www.737ng.co.uk/opencockpits.htm

I haven't tried it myself but I assume the key command once set up in KeyToMouse software will work irrespective of the panel being open or not?
    Andy

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Being a recent buyer of the PMDG software i have found that it can certainly yeild some unexpected problems with hardware, which can cause cockpit building to become that little more difficult and i have to think a little more of ways to get round the problems. (threads are posted on my main couple of probs with hardware and monitor rotation.)

i have to agree with you guys on that one definately

USB Key2Mouse with IOcard

David and others, thought I would relate to you about how I have used the key2mouse with an IOcard, both from Opencockpits.

Little known about this trick but here goes: Yes everyone is right you can use the K2m for producing a mouse click by a keyboard stroke, however if you interface it with the USB IOcard you can also issign a physical switch on your overhead to that.

So at the flick of a switch you can make the mouse click on the overhead/MIP/ECAS 'whatever' as long as the screen is visible.

"So that prevents me from having a clear view forward for flying", I hear you say, well I placed two graphic cards in my Main PC (I have four running all together) and connected it up to an old CRT which I hide away in a corner (you dont need to see it).

When I start up FS9 the over head is already "Undocked " to the CRT (in PMDG drop down menu's ensure that you place a tick in the "allow overhead undocking" for the screen to stay undocked).

When programming the card to assign screen positions to the mouse click, along with assigning a key-stroke to the IO Card (thats the difficult bit, not because its complicated but the programes use so many keystrokes anyway, there arn't many combinations left), However if you fly in fullscreen mode, ensure that you are in this mode when you assign the mouse click position (because it will be in a different place in "windowed" mode).

I have managed to control all the light switches, APU start, All bus bar switchovers, Seat belt & No smoking "dong's" and Engine starts.

You have to build your own interface board, but thats quite easy really!

Hope this helps, if you want more detail and possible instructions send me an email and I will do what I can.

daveanne

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi,

No I don't think you can use it for opening another window. It is strictly used to convert mouse clicks into keysets. Although I suspect if you have the PMDG software, you can program the window bar to use a momentary PB for each function as opposed to the mouse. Other than those 1/2 doz "buttons" it won't change other ecreens.

Rob