Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Newbie: MIP Who's the best

I want to build a 737NG... What company makes the best MIP. looking for realistic look, feel, color .... a good panel What about the base?

75+ Posting Member

You have picked a great place to start looking, make sure you have a good look around the forums here as there is heaps of info here especially on the B737.

There are a few companies who make the MIP but it depends on your budget.
    The best ive seen available is engravity.
    www.flyengravity.com

others to look at is
    www.flightdecksolutions.com
    www.cockpitsonic.com

Cockpit sonic have dealers throughout the world so you may be able to find one closest to you.

If price is a problem you may have to make your own, there are plenty of diagrams and plans available from members here and im sure they would be happy to help.

Have you looked at westozy's sim yet, gwyn made his MIP out of 6mm grey coloured plastic, just another option if you wish.

happy flying

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upwego View Post
    I want to build a 737NG... What company makes the best MIP. looking for realistic look, feel, color .... a good panel What about the base?
    Boeing. Period.

Welcome to the site!
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

150+ Forum Groupie

If you have the $$$, Flyengravity in my mind have the best level of details. I ended up ordering my MIP from FDS because of integrated backlighting (IBL). I own an overhead and the FMC from FlyEngravity, and have the MCP from FDS. Both manufacturers makes great products!
    My MIP was ordered some time ago, but I won't get it yet. I placed an order at a time when FDS had a huge backlog (I knew that when I ordered!), and in addition they're working on a new version of the MIP. I will be one of the first who get it! And - I am actually happy that I haven't received my MIP yet. That way, I can focus on finishing my overhead! I also have a DIY throttle Quadrant kit from Simparts.de that needs attention.

MAN, this is a LOT of work! But it is fun as "#¤%&/%¤&!

Good luck!

Oh, and I would recommend you to check out both FlyEngravity and FDS. Don't go for a cheap solution just because you can't afford the whole shbang just yet. Rome wasn't built in a day! And you could easily end up with a semi-decent thingy that just don't give you the right feeling. Which is the goal for a sim anyway...

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

You can't look at any of the products and say one is better then the other any more. It is like comparing apples to oranges. You have to look at what each company offers for a product. So it comes down to more of what is it you want in a product.. Can you do the back lighting yourself and so forth. You need to look at each product and see what it offers. Make your decision that way not just on price or someone saying one is better then the other. Do your own research and make your decisions on your project based on your own conclusions.. Yes it is good to be able to ask others what they think but at the end of the day I doubt any of those people will be there to help you build your simulator! So take your time and think about your choices!
    Bob Reed

Apple to Orange

Thanks for the reply, What I'm try to say , It's hard to compare a apple
    to a apple, when I never have sat in the cockpit of a 737. It's hard to compare panel A to B to C when i have never touched a real MIP. A may make the best looking panel and the most used, however C may be more realistic. There are so many panels out there, with out the ability for a side by side look, like at a trade show.......... I have to get all the input from other builders. The first part i will buy is the MIP.... I don't want to look
    back five years from now, and says Wrong O.

Thanks to all

Steve

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

I hope you find what you are looking for. My comment in my first post may have sounded flippant, but building an unsupported, retired, and mostly scrapped aircraft has it's advantages at times.

I either had to manufacture my own panel or use the real 727 MIP. 727 parts are cheaper that off-the-shelf aftermarket 737 parts by a long shot.

It was pretty much a no brainer in my case. I'm very satisfied with the quality of Boeing panels. Unfortunately for builders of newer aircraft, they don't have that luxury of using the actual panels unless you have a lot of cash and excellent connections in the aircraft spares industry.

I can say this with confidence; the only 100% correct panel will be one that was previously installed in an aircraft.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!