Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

GA Fuse Panel Idea - need advise

Hello All,
    I was thinking about making a fuse panel for my Cessna 172 sim. My idea was to use momentary buttons as the fuses and have them programmed to mimic the number keys 0 thru 9. This way I have a way to answer ATC without any keyboard and maintain the look of my sim. Has anyone used the Desktop Aviator 10 or 20 button interface to do this? Any advise is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sorry i have not used it before but here is something you might consider. Take apart an old keyboard and wire it to your pushbutton switches it will give you all the key presses you need and it might even be free if you have one lying around or someone you know has one they will give you. I have done 2 of theese already and I personaly think it is time well spent. To go even further I use KeySim for programing FSUIPC events with the key presses. hope this helps.

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Black widow, one question - can you only wire the amount of keys on a keyboard once. so in other words you can only assign a maximum of about 70 presses from each key no matter how many keyboard cards you have becuase you can only assign one press to one function.

or can you detect each keyboard card differently and can assign each keyboard with different buttons so you can have as many as you like!

Thanks

I only have one keyboard per PC but I would assume that you could hack into a USB keyboard then you could use two per PC. I have never tried it but if i remember corectly they will not conflict with each other because of the USB keyboard. I have put all of my R&D on hold as i am reconstructing my shell as soon as I am done with that I will be doing more tests with the hacked keyboard. Just to clarify that my keyboard is secondary to FDS Sys3 and future SYS boards I mainly use the Keyboards for PM stuff like the key press G to zoom map level. BUt most of the actual flight sim like AP is either SYS3 or GoFlight. although a hacked keyboard on the Flight Sim PC is most likely in the future for me.