Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: VNAV issues.

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Lvl Chg

[*]TO/GA (vertical) does not revert to FLCH during climbout.

Hi

Please note on the 737 it is called LVL CHANGE not FLCH (in our logics). The above I have no information on and I do not believe the statement to be correct based on what I know of 737NG ops. There is no automatic level change unless the AP is engaged. Please do send me further ops info and we can look at it and cross check - but it goes against my understanding of the system - are you sure you are not mixing a/c types? Or perhaps some special airline option? I am sure I have stated this to you two weeks ago in an e-mail and at that time I asked for confirmation and got no reply on the issue.

>Initial LNAV capture on climbout does not behave realistically, when LNAV is armed on the ground.

Never had a single compliant with hundreds of hours of flight time - training captains to first officers / line pilots - can you be more specific please? I do not seen any abnormal behaviour myself either.

>Random heading changes in LNAV, where waypoints are modified. (very serious).\

This is a known issue and has been discussed - already corrected in next update.

>FL CH defaults to a speed of 150 when engaged at low altitude - should be the current speed.

I checked this with x3 previous builds and can not re-create - I suspect some kind of hardware write back or something.

>VOR frequencies entered Manually into NAV/COM/XPDR page are replaced by auto-tuned settings. Where a frequency is hard entered into the CDU, and a 'M' is annunciated next to the freq, this setting should not be erased 2 mins later by a different autotuned setting![/COLOR][/LIST]

Just use MANUAL - as per my e-mails to you.... not sure why this has to be repeated.

Regards
    Jonathan Richardson
    Jonathan Richardson

This may be a stupid question but am I the only one who experiences an overspeed condition when on a VNAV descent? It seems it doesn't change the mach hold to IAS hold so it will just drive on holding a high mach number unless I hit the SPD INTV button.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here since I'm new to the software. Any ideas?

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder175 View Post
    This may be a stupid question but am I the only one who experiences an overspeed condition when on a VNAV descent? It seems it doesn't change the mach hold to IAS hold so it will just drive on holding a high mach number unless I hit the SPD INTV button.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here since I'm new to the software. Any ideas?
    If you use FSX make sur you did set the following (from our News section)

29/09/07 BOEING
    FSX & PM MCP
    At this time, to use the MCP software with FSX you will have to disable the AP gauge in the FSX panel.cfg of the aircraft type you are using for flight with the PM / MCP software. Generally if not using a panel at all in MSFS, then the only section you need in the panel.cfg is the section referring to [VIEWS] everything else can be deleted. Please *always* keep a back-up of your original files in case you have to revert back.

Make sure you have this line in your FSUIPC4.ini (only FSX)

[General] section
    FiddleMachForPM=Yes
    Regards
    Thomas

nope I am using fs9. but I am using a dummy panel folder with nothing in it. can that still be the problem??

Here are my observations (FS9 + Cockpitsonic Hardware + PM Software):

After passing T/D in VNAV mode the plane starts to descend as expected but remains in CRZ mode (indicated in the Upper Eicas) ... on the speed tape the speed reduction according to FMC (CDU) settings is properly shown (magenta arrow) but the plane is accellerating in cruize speed into overspeed.

Pushing the throttles back to idle, I don't feel any power or resistance on the servo motors so it is clear that there are no inputs coming to the throttle's servos.

For a proper descend path I have to use SPEED mode and V/S settings according to the descend page of the FMC.

I have already reported this to PM and to Cockpitsonic and been informed that there will be a meeting with Enrico shortly to settle this poblem!
    René

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder175 View Post
    nope I am using fs9. but I am using a dummy panel folder with nothing in it. can that still be the problem??
    An empty panel folder doesn't work for FS9 because it uses then the "next best" one.
    Use just a panel.cfg in it where are only the views defined, like I described before.
    Regards
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Richter View Post
    An empty panel folder doesn't work for FS9 because it uses then the "next best" one.
    Use just a panel.cfg in it where are only the views defined, like I described before.
    Sweet I'll give that a shot. I'll report back here and let you know how it worked. Thanks for the help!

75+ Posting Member

Hi Thomas,

I am using PMDG 700/800 without the panel folder with PM. I tried to use your panel.zip file below but my front view it is to UP, so how can i adjust that? I like the correct wing views setting that you set i in that file and want to use then

Quote Originally Posted by carlos hermida View Post
    Hi Thomas,

I am using PMDG 700/800 without the panel folder with PM. I tried to use your panel.zip file below but my front view it is to UP, so how can i adjust that? I like the correct wing views setting that you set i in that file and want to use then
    Ditto on the great wing views. To lower your view without changing the values in that config file just hit Shift-Enter once. This should lower the view to a lower angle. I noticed that as soon as I fired up the sim and how high it appears. I'll have to change the values in the config file to meet my liking.

On a seperate note, I haven't been able to fully test the VNAV issue I was having in a previous thread of mine since my last flight was to short. VNAV doesn't like short low level hops in general anyways! On a trip from KEWR to KDCA I had to us V/S to get to my cruise altitude of FL220 since I'm guessing the flight was long enough for the computer to compute a Top of Climb value, and it had all my waypoints at the first altitude restriction in the NATNL1 STAR (12000 at TRISH). Is it supposed to do that? On long flights it works just fine.

75+ Posting Member

Thanks Thunder, will try to adjust that tomorrow

Happy Christmas !!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast