Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I swapped mine for a new unit today.

I agree that they are great value for money and I can't wait to finally get them working in my new sim. However to get any vaue from any product they first and foremost should work . No point talking about modifying this or that to get them working as they should. Imagine buying a new car then having to tow it to your mate's place to fix it up. It's totally unacceptable.
    I havn't had a chance to test the new one just yet (fingers crossed).

Hopefully the next time I write will be all positive and full of praise Our local (Aussie) suppliers seem positive that it is being sorted out and there are some good things from SAITEK on the horizon, so I won't be writing them off just yet.

150+ Forum Groupie

Project Magenta Saitek yoke fix

Hi All, Pete Dowson has released an FSUIPC update which has a fix for the random button press issue (ups the polling time for buttonpresses to avoid phantom ones)

can be found here:

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=41519

more details here:

http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=12871

gonna try it out later- i'll let you know if it works!
    another bedroom boeing.....

25+ Posting Member

Sync Dual Clocks

Check out your regional time settings under XP control panel.

150+ Forum Groupie

saitek yokes again!

Been getting the random button presses again- not too much of a problem as will be removing the fuel cuttofs from the throttle rocker switches- that seems to be the problem area. Also I run 2x yokes via fsuipc. the 2nd one (either yoke , just whatever is polled 2nd by the computer) seems to give up shortly after rotation.. cant seem to replicate on the ground so a real pain!- anyone else come across a similar problem?
    steve
    another bedroom boeing.....

Just an update to say that I was the original poster of this thread and, as I bought a very early Saitek Yoke, I had very bad problems with phantom key presses.

However, all is fantastic now and I really love the yoke and throttle.

I must point out that this is no thanks to Saitek, it's all down to Stoke's finest; Pete Dowson, who adapted FSUIPC to include a capability to ignore phantom key presses.

Reminder on how to set this up - if you do it correctly, I promise it really does negate ALL phantom key presses! .....

** ALL OF THE BELOW APPLIES TO THE FULL REGISTERED VERSION OF FSUIPC - THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH UNREGISTERED FSUIPC **

1. Download the latest version of FSUIPC from www.schiratti.com/dowson (earlier versions to NOT contain the function to ignore phantom presses!!).

2. Install / replace into your Flight Simulator / Modules folder.

3. Go into FS, Settings, and Assignments and delete ALL button assignments from the Saitek Yoke.

I say again......Make sure you delete ALL button assignments for the Saitek yoke, from the FS assignments ! ...... if you leave a 'view' button assigned to the yoke within FS, you are still going to get phantom button presses!

4. Browse to your FS Modules folder and open up the FSUIPC.cfg file.

5. Add the following to the [Buttons] section...(this MUST be in the Buttons section);

EliminateTransients=Yes
    pollinterval=50

6. Now save and exit the FSUIPC.cfg.

7. Go into FS and into FSUIPC, and go to the 'Buttons' tab in FSUIPC.

8. Now assign all of the Saitek's buttons to the functions you want. Landing Gear, Spoliers, everything can be assigned here.

Exit FSUIPC and you are off - phantom button presses will be a thing og the past.

NB. There are many people out there that claim this workaround does not work, but the fact is these people have invariably made the same mistake; They have entered the 'Eliminate transients and poll interval' text into FSUIPC.cfg but then have left their saitek buttons assigned in FS !! .......... FSUIPC can only cancel out the transients for buttons assigned in FSUIPC. For example, I forgot and left a button assigned to 'view' within FS ..... guess what, all of my other phantom presses disappeared but I was still getting a phantom change in views! .....another error is that some people accidentally place the 'eliminate' text into the [Keys] section of FSUIPC.cfg as it is very close to the [Buttons] section. Some people mis-spell the required text !

Get it set up right and I guarantee it complete resolves the issue with phantom key presses and the Saitek Yoke.

David R
    Durham, England

1979 Mooney M20J Cockpit builder ......

6. Thanks korki thanked for this post
    150+ Forum Groupie

I have the X52 system too. Ok I bought 3 of them, reconditioned from Saitek direct at about 1/3 of the price. I haven't experienced these problems with any of them. However I agree that the pots are probably not the finest quality. I have the linear slider set up for spoilers, and frequently get a warning flicker on and off. Doesn't make much difference to performance and this kind of annoyance is typical in an aircraft, if a little disconcerting.

I would keep the system even if you don't use it. I originally did surgery on an X45 which is the predecessor to the X52. Ugly blue thing, with orange back lighting. I basically used the interface but replaced the crappy 1c / piece switches and 2c / piece potentiometers with half decent ones. Provided a cheap and cheerful interface that was relatively easy to connect up, courtesy of existing components. I used the vertical shafts of the throttle handle and attached throttle levers. To get them co-located, one of the throttles had to point opposite direction, and, of course, be set up to be reverse sensing.

If I was to do it again, I'd probably buy a Phidget board ( 8/8/8 ) and save myself a lot of time.
    VANCOUVER
    Jet fighter / single pilot sim, plus thinking of a 777 as a secondary sim.

Fix for Saitek Yoke problem.

Okay i bought a saitek yoke 2 weeks ago and the one i got shouldnt had the phantom button since it's from the "after christmas" batch wich is supposed to be fixed...Still i got this problem. Heres what Saitek told me to do and the fix works well :

1. Make sure that you have SST correctly installed
    2. Make sure that your OS, FSX, FS2004 etc have latest Microsoft updates
    3. Delete any button assignments in FSX/FS2004 corresponding to buttons 9, 10 and 11

Start Flight Simulator.

1. Go to Configuration/Settings, then Controls, Assignments.
    2. In the "Categories" drop down list, select any one (not the first selected, this will force FS to reload the assignments list; then go back to the first one "all commands").
    3. Go down the list and delete ANY key assignment under the joystick column (click on the row, then click on the "delete joystick assignment" button).
    4. Press OK (it is important to press OK without changing the list, or it will not get saved)
    5. Repeat from step 2 until you have all the joystick assignments cleared for all joysticks (the yoke, quadrant and pedals are 3 different Joysticks) for both "Normal Flight" and "Slew Mode" (the little options on the top).
    6. Once you have all joystick assignments cleared for all joysticks and in both modes, repeat steps 2 to 5 making the assignments you want for your yoke system.

WHATEVER YOU DO, BE SURE THAT THERE IS NO JOYSTICK ASSIGNMENTS FOR BUTTONS "9","10" or "11". IF THEY APPEAR, DELETE THAT ASSIGNMENT.

Once you done this the phantom button will no longer be an issue and you will be able to fly for example LVL-D767 on FS9 since your control will still be assignated by Flight Simulator 2004

Have a good one!

Jon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234