25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

PM EFIS just wont work on PFD/ND

(below is a copy of the e mail I just sent to PM).

Hi PM gang,

I just took off every hardware item, including CPFlight's MCP. Axis pots and controls and all add on mods - I was flying with only the mouse (actually not getting off the ground) AND nothing good to report.

Just bringing up the main view and its default panel (if I wanted it) and the 2 clients, Capts PM and Engine/MCP PM, I was able to hit various PM MCP items and they would work in the ND or PFD and on the games default (737-400 or an add on 737-700). I noticed that on the defaults MCP display though its MCP values would match the PM's MCP values, sometimes they were slow in coming. Seemed like working PM's MCP made items move faster on the default MCP than the other way around. Some like the ALT Hold setting did not even move at all on the default when I move it on the PM MCP, then sometimes it would reset to what PM-MCP was. Of course, no EFIS items were moving at all from the PM MCP/EFIS panels. Nothing. The range ring knob would turn, but nothing happening on the Capt side displays.

Axis stuff could be made to work with mouse thru the icon on the default glare shield as well as radios and other items, many displaying in the right PM displays.

So that's where I am. Just software and just can' t get that PM-EFIS items to work.

What should I check? What files can I look at? Do you think that I should get another copy now of the PFD Glass exe?

Randy

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Simran737 View Post
    Just bringing up the main view and its default panel (if I wanted it) and the 2 clients, Capts PM and Engine/MCP PM, I was able to hit various PM MCP items and they would work in the ND or PFD and on the games default (737-400 or an add on 737-700). I noticed that on the defaults MCP display though its MCP values would match the PM's MCP values, sometimes they were slow in coming. Seemed like working PM's MCP made items move faster on the default MCP than the other way around. Some like the ALT Hold setting did not even move at all on the default when I move it on the PM MCP, then sometimes it would reset to what PM-MCP was. Of course, no EFIS items were moving at all from the PM MCP/EFIS panels. Nothing. The range ring knob would turn, but nothing happening on the Capt side displays.
    PM is an alternative to FS's own panels. You don't use FS's panels with PM, you use the instrumentation PM provides. The PM MCP is itself an autopilot, it doesn't necessarily use the FS default MCP settings. It is a bit more complicated than that, but basically you IGNORE the FS panel altogether. Best to edit your PANEL.CFG to have no gauges, or do away with it altogether.

Alternatively I think there are still some rudimentary FS panels made to suit PM in the PM downloads section on the web site. I think most of us prefer just to use PM displays for instrumentation and have FS only show us the scenic view outside the windows.

Regards

Pete

25+ Posting Member

Hi Pete,
    I fly like you said, just using fs2004 outside views and my 2 PM clients, however, your post did not help with the main problem I am having. That being I just can't get PM's EFIS to work and show settings in the PFD or ND. I have reduce my sim down to just software (per Jonathan of PM) and still no joy. Any ideas as to maybe there is a setting that I need to check or do, either in your software or PMs.
    Thanks
    Randy

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Simran737 View Post
    ... your post did not help with the main problem I am having. That being I just can't get PM's EFIS to work and show settings in the PFD or ND.
    Sorry, I thought you were still referring to the PFD/ND displays in the FS panel, as you appeared to be for the MCP autopilot settings.

Anyway I see from your post in a separate thread that you worked it out now.

I don't use GFRemote at all, by the way, and I don't know much about it. Everything that is needed for GF and PM can normally be handled well via WideFS and FSUIPC -- excepting control axes like yoke and throttles which need to be on the FS PC.

Regards

Pete

25+ Posting Member

Hi,
    Yes I got it worked out. Just a stupid little thing. Well at least from the 9,000 e mails back and forth with PM, you and GoFlight, others in the future will be spared this ordeal. I will start on switching over to FSUIPC to work Goflight boards, as I think GoFlight is on its last base legs :O(
    Thanks