Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is this?

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

i agree, i look at other websites all the time of home built cockpits and see these fantastic cockpits and then when you look at the yoke and throttle they have non realistic plastic ch ones - realy demotes the standard of your sim i think!

thats why i am building my yoke now which is on the top ten things of getting done properly. i already have a 737 throttle made that looks real.

geremy

500+ This must be a daytime job 737NUT's Avatar

I think that would be a good market, decent yoke mounted to a painted PVC column that is weighted for a realistic feel.

My very first sim went from a CHPro yoke, then gutted CH yoke on a PVC clm. Then the real plane. I built the yoke the same time i got the MIP. Right now i am flying with a joystick and it is NOT a joy! I'm waiting for real yoke to become available or i may go with Simparts yoke.

This is how i personally see it,

1000.00 cdu
    1000.00+ MIP and pnls
    Flying it all with a 100.00 plastic yoke,

Priceless!!!!!!!!!

Just trying to be funny, don't get mad

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Well, mine was built rather backwards from what I've seen from nearly everyone else.

My overhead was the first thing I built. Then the control stand and throttle. The MIP was being built at the same time the control column/yoke was, but was finished much sooner and being used long before the MIP was ready.

There's just something about having a real Boeing yoke in front of you that really 'make's' it.

I like your explanation Andy.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!

Powered by FS9 & BOEING

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim Michael Carter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 737NUT View Post
    I think that would be a good market, decent yoke mounted to a painted PVC column that is weighted for a realistic feel.

My very first sim went from a CHPro yoke, then gutted CH yoke on a PVC clm. Then the real plane. I built the yoke the same time i got the MIP. Right now i am flying with a joystick and it is NOT a joy! I'm waiting for real yoke to become available or i may go with Simparts yoke.

This is how i personally see it,

1000.00 cdu
    1000.00+ MIP and pnls
    Flying it all with a 100.00 plastic yoke,

Priceless!!!!!!!!!

Just trying to be funny, don't get mad

You really should visit Nick's site at APHS. He has decent prices for a variety of yokes you can build from. Mine came complete with the wiring harness and switches for around $500. Add another $50 or so for column hardware and you have a decent yoke for a single-seater.

Of course, if you are building a dual-seater the complexity goes up enourmously and so does the cost.
    Boeing Skunk Works
    Remember...140, 250, and REALLY FAST!

We don't need no stinkin' ETOPS!