Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Many thanks

Many, many thanks to you all for your help.

I will also try this method out too.

Daveanne

Separate sounds for ATC in FS9 achieved for £0.99p!

Great news guys, for all of you (and me), that have been strugling to achieve separate ACT voice in FS9, I have at last achieved it, for ony £0.99p too......!!!!

Still need to buy a set of head phones though, already had them form my prevoius encounters with this subject.

How's it done?

Unfortunately it only appears to work with Rc4, I tried a mirriad of different way to get the generic FS9 ACT on a separate channel, but to no avail (FSX does it with a click of a button, no problems).

I also achieved it with this little beauty..

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet-VO818-Audio-Adapter-Microphone/dp/B000Q5VKMQ/ref=pd_sbs_ce_title_1"]Amazon.co.uk: 1 X USB 2.0 to Audio Adapter w/Microphone Jack: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

For the meagere price of £0.99p + Post & Packing, no I'me not trying to sell anything and I have nothing to do with the company that makes then iether.

The process is not understandable, but here goes.

Firstly install the unit by plugging it in to an available USB (2) slot and plug in your head sets, XP finds it and installs it as a USB Sound device.

Go to your sound icon and ensure that the 'Audio' and 'Voice' outputs are set to your Generic sound card (the one you are currently using), very important (by the way I am using a Audio 97 5.1 on board sound, this works also).

The start up FS9 and load Rc4 for your journey, ensure you have the generic FS9 ATC turned off, the open your sound icon (usualluy a grey speaker), and change BOTH settings ('Audio' and 'Voice') to the USB device.

Start RC4 and low and behold ATC, as clear as a bell, through the headphones ONLY, the rest of FS9 sound (engines, cockpit etc.etc) through your normal sound card/5.1 configuartion, whatever.

Even better, I used a splitter from the USB unit and coupled 2 headsets to it, plus you can talk to your co-pilot via the microphone which is also live and doesn't come through your normal speaker system too.

Brilliant eh?

Your own personal configuration may be slightly different, but you should achieve the same excellent results as I have.

If I had known this before wasting lots of money on the GoFlight ATC module (sorry GoFlight, but quiet frankly its very poor and doesn't do what it says on the tin).

Hope everyone else enjoys this little miracle as I have.

Daveanne

3. Thanks GeorgS thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Daveanne View Post
    Great news guys, for all of you (and me), that have been strugling to achieve separate ACT voice in FS9, I have at last achieved it, for ony £0.99p too......!!!!

Still need to buy a set of head phones though, already had them form my prevoius encounters with this subject.

How's it done?

Unfortunately it only appears to work with Rc4, I tried a mirriad of different way to get the generic FS9 ACT on a separate channel, but to no avail (FSX does it with a click of a button, no problems).

I also achieved it with this little beauty..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet-VO81...sbs_ce_title_1

For the meagere price of £0.99p + Post & Packing, no I'me not trying to sell anything and I have nothing to do with the company that makes then iether.

The process is not understandable, but here goes.

Firstly install the unit by plugging it in to an available USB (2) slot and plug in your head sets, XP finds it and installs it as a USB Sound device.

Go to your sound icon and ensure that the 'Audio' and 'Voice' outputs are set to your Generic sound card (the one you are currently using), very important (by the way I am using a Audio 97 5.1 on board sound, this works also).

The start up FS9 and load Rc4 for your journey, ensure you have the generic FS9 ATC turned off, the open your sound icon (usualluy a grey speaker), and change BOTH settings ('Audio' and 'Voice') to the USB device.

Start RC4 and low and behold ATC, as clear as a bell, through the headphones ONLY, the rest of FS9 sound (engines, cockpit etc.etc) through your normal sound card/5.1 configuartion, whatever.

Even better, I used a splitter from the USB unit and coupled 2 headsets to it, plus you can talk to your co-pilot via the microphone which is also live and doesn't come through your normal speaker system too.

Brilliant eh?

Your own personal configuration may be slightly different, but you should achieve the same excellent results as I have.

If I had known this before wasting lots of money on the GoFlight ATC module (sorry GoFlight, but quiet frankly its very poor and doesn't do what it says on the tin).

Hope everyone else enjoys this little miracle as I have.

Daveanne

Hi.
    Very good news! What is Rc4? I use FS 2004 - will it work? Do I have to buy another gizmo?

Thanks for your research.

TONY.

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Daveanne, I just ordered one through E-Bay, by way of Honkong, .99 USD + shipping, total $4.09. Still not bad.... will have fun playing with it

Thanks for the info Daveanne.

Rc4

Tony, Rc4 is, Radar Contact Version 4, it can be downloaded at:

http://www.jdtllc.com/

Excellent programe, turn the generic ATC off in FS9 and use this one, much more realistic.

Daveanne

Or go a step farther and get VoxATC. RC5 is supposed to be voice regignition too.....when it comes out. I have Rc4, but prefer VoxATC.
    Rodney -
    Real 727-200 pit
    Last Flown as N392PA
    FS9

Rodney, do you have a link available for VoxATC?

http://www.voxatc.com/

I like both RC4 & VoxATC. Will stick with VoxATC for now. FS9 default ATC is the pits. Plus using a product like this makes you a better navigator, having to really plan your flights. Sure you can just use the defualt flight planner, or even FSNav, but hey, throw in the correct SID/STAR, and let the fun begin.
    Rodney -
    Real 727-200 pit
    Last Flown as N392PA
    FS9

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    http://www.voxatc.com/

I like both RC4 & VoxATC. Will stick with VoxATC for now. FS9 default ATC is the pits. Plus using a product like this makes you a better navigator, having to really plan your flights. Sure you can just use the defualt flight planner, or even FSNav, but hey, throw in the correct SID/STAR, and let the fun begin.
    Thanks Rodney

I noticed they have the download version without 16 bit voices. How important is that? Is it best to order the DVD version with voices?

They are too computer generated for me. Went and bought Crystal & Mike from http://www.nextup.com/attnv.html for $35 for both.
    Rodney -
    Real 727-200 pit
    Last Flown as N392PA
    FS9

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast