Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sixpack warning

75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Sixpack warning

Does anyone have any ideas why the ELEC anunciator on the six pack warning never goes out?
    at least not on my set up..

On the other hand my Master Caution Warning (RED) never ever lights up, contrary to the Yellow one which does light from time to time.

also i use the CP flight MIP expansion board and i know there is a "buzzer" but it still has to "buzz" as far as my set up is concenred, any one knows which variables or action is needed in order to toggle the Buzz?

Peter

75+ Posting Member James Twomey's Avatar

Peter,

What type of I/O boards are you using? If it is phidgets you should be able to select the six pac functions from the pull down menus. From there is will be just a matter of making sure that inversing the indications is not required.

Have you tried to have PM systems called up on your monitor and see if the six pacs lights showing are reflected as the same on your six pac? I had to do that while doing pratice start ups to make sure they were all functioning properly.

Hope I dont sound like I'm talking down to you. Its just hard for me to help when I cant visually see the problem in front of me..
    James Twomey

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Nielsen View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas why the ELEC anunciator on the six pack warning never goes out?
    Check each of the conditions which set it. If you look in the pmSystems LGC file, at the sixpack section, you'll see the tests it makes. For me it is usually forgetting to operate one the the generator bus switches.

The purpose of the sixpack warning system is to point your attention elsewhere, in this case to the overhead. If you look at the pmSystems overhead graphic (or your real overhead if you are lucky enough to have one) you should see the relevant problem lit up for your attention. On the 737 the main electrical indications and switches are in the second column from the left.

On the other hand my Master Caution Warning (RED) never ever lights up, contrary to the Yellow one which does light from time to time.
    Hmm, odd. Sounds like you have them labelled the wrong way around. Normally the red one is the FIRE WARN and the yellow one is the MASTER CAUTION.

also i use the CP flight MIP expansion board and i know there is a "buzzer" but it still has to "buzz" as far as my set up is concenred, any one knows which variables or action is needed in order to toggle the Buzz?
    There's a buzzer or bell associated with the FIRE WARN. Start an engine fire and see if it sounds.

Regards

Pete

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Twomey View Post
    Peter,

What type of I/O boards are you using? If it is phidgets you should be able to select the six pac functions from the pull down menus. From there is will be just a matter of making sure that inversing the indications is not required.

Have you tried to have PM systems called up on your monitor and see if the six pacs lights showing are reflected as the same on your six pac? I had to do that while doing pratice start ups to make sure they were all functioning properly.

Hope I dont sound like I'm talking down to you. Its just hard for me to help when I cant visually see the problem in front of me..
    No Problem at all Buddy,
    I am using Phidgets for the Annunciators, and the ELEC sixpack annunciator is also lit up on the PM System Software, so it seems to be both soft and hardware related..?

rgds
    Peter

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dowson View Post
    Check each of the conditions which set it. If you look in the pmSystems LGC file, at the sixpack section, you'll see the tests it makes. For me it is usually forgetting to operate one the the generator bus switches.

The purpose of the sixpack warning system is to point your attention elsewhere, in this case to the overhead. If you look at the pmSystems overhead graphic (or your real overhead if you are lucky enough to have one) you should see the relevant problem lit up for your attention. On the 737 the main electrical indications and switches are in the second column from the left.

Hmm, odd. Sounds like you have them labelled the wrong way around. Normally the red one is the FIRE WARN and the yellow one is the MASTER CAUTION.

There's a buzzer or bell associated with the FIRE WARN. Start an engine fire and see if it sounds.

Regards

Pete
    Hi Peter,

tks for hints,
    will check the LGC file and see.
    Nothing out of the ordinary is light on the overhead elect panels, on the software side or on the annunciator hardware, but still the ELEC is lit on both all the time.
    Engine Fire? how on earth do i start that or for that matter estinquish it as I dont have a Engine Fire sub panel on PM system?

Cheers
    Peter

300+ Forum Addict

Engine Fire? how on earth do i start that or for that matter estinquish it as I dont have a Engine Fire sub panel on PM system?
    Ah, difficult.

On FSX there's an FSUIPC4 offset which will start/extinguish engine fires (not APU though), so you could program a button or key for each. I'm not sure how you induce an engine fire on FS9.

But pmSystems contains the fire subsystem logic, so you could test your buzzer using the Test button in pmSystems, firedettest:

564A .5 FireDetTest

So, in FSUIPC program a key/button to "Offset Byte Togglebits" offset x564A, parameter x20.

Regards

Pete

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dowson View Post
    Ah, difficult.

On FSX there's an FSUIPC4 offset which will start/extinguish engine fires (not APU though), so you could program a button or key for each. I'm not sure how you induce an engine fire on FS9.

But pmSystems contains the fire subsystem logic, so you could test your buzzer using the Test button in pmSystems, firedettest:

564A .5 FireDetTest

So, in FSUIPC program a key/button to "Offset Byte Togglebits" offset x564A, parameter x20.

Regards

Pete
    I am afraid i sound totally dumb now but where on earth in the overhead is the firedettest toggle? i cant find it amd im using version 108...??
    Peter

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor Bob Reed's Avatar

I don't think that is "on" the overhead.. I think this is just an available logic in PMSystems.
    Bob Reed

300+ Forum Addict

I am afraid i sound totally dumb now but where on earth in the overhead is the firedettest toggle? i cant find it amd im using version 108...??
    It isn't on the overhead, it's part of the fire subsystem panel on the centre console! You already said you hadn't got one -- that's why I suggested simply programming a key or spare button for now, and even gave you the FSUIPC control and parameter details so you could do it without having to look it up!!!

Pete

75+ Posting Member James Twomey's Avatar

Peter,

Well, I went out to see if could duplicate the problem on my flight deck. Unfortunately I can not. Once I start my APU and hit my switch for the buss transfer to the APU powered buss, my elec light goes out on my sixpac.

If i may suggest, while PM Systems is up and running, see what steps you do there to make the elec light go out there, and then see if you can duplicate it through your switches.

Just out of curiosity, in the phidgets configure panel, have you tried to click the invert button just to test wiring configuration is correct? Just maybe by a small chance could it be grounded and showing "on" all the time?
    James Twomey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast