Thread: Suggestions for a start
10-23-2007, 05:46 PM #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2007
Suggestions for a start
See my introduction post at http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...3988#post43988
having said that, I think I will probably go down the path of the 737/767 (what are the differences between these two cockpits?).
I really don't know where to begin. Project Magenta seems a bit out of my budget at this moment. I am thinking of starting with this so please, any suggestions are welcome to get me (possibly) started on the right path to happy flying.
- Get the master and extension USB boards (I/O cards) from OpenCockpits.com
- Get the 3 leds (green/red/yellow) to hopefully begin with the Inner/Middle/Outer marker indicator
- Build part of the pedestal buy acquiring the NAV/COM/XPDR/ADF panels from HispaPanels.com and whatever extra electronics that might need.
- Already have CH Products Flight Sim Yoke and Pedals
- Buy the Autopilot panels/buttons/indicators
- EFIS panel
- Start building the frame for the pedestal and PFD using wood I am handy
- Do some things with acrylic plastic
Anybody sees any pitfalls with this path? after that I don't know what would be next or what is most appropriate as I am still in a rental apartment and can't build a full cockpit.
My dream has been to get a full throttle quadrant with motors and all. Was getting warm with the Symulatory.com TQ but even for presales you are lucky to get an answer, now imagine if you shelled out thousands of euros and the thing does not work... I guess I will need another TQ supplier for that part of my adventure.
10-23-2007, 05:58 PM #2
Looks like you have done the research. Your path appears to be a good one. One thing I would like to mention is that you cam build a lot of cockpit for cheap using wood and paint. Just to get you started.
Best regards, and welcome to mycockpit.org
By ddimm in forum General Builder Questions All Aircraft TypesReplies: 4Last Post: 12-02-2009, 05:57 AM
By ddimm in forum General Builder Questions All Aircraft TypesReplies: 0Last Post: 01-26-2009, 02:41 PM
By Shawn in forum General Builder Questions All Aircraft TypesReplies: 12Last Post: 11-25-2008, 11:30 AM
By nexiss in forum Where to Start Building a Home CockpitReplies: 8Last Post: 05-31-2008, 05:17 AM
By 737NUT in forum I/O Interfacing Hardware and SoftwareReplies: 6Last Post: 11-16-2007, 11:08 AM