10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Fuel Flow Control

HI all,

I wanted to control and change the fuel flow value in my PM cockpit as the fuel flow from the flight simulator is wrong. I find a few offset for fuel flow which are listed below. I try to write value into those offsets but nothing happen. Can some1 enlightening me?

08A0
    Engine 1 Fuel Flow PPH SSL (pounds per hour, standardised to sea level). Don’t know units, but it seems to match some gauges if divided by 128. Not maintained in all cases.

Engine 1 Fuel Flow Pounds per Hour, as floating point double (FLOAT64)

Turbine Engine 1 corrected fuel flow (pounds per hour) as a double (FLOAT64). This is for jets and turboprops—it has no meaning on reciprocating prop aircraft

Turbine Engine 1 fuel flow (pounds per hour) as a double (FLOAT64). This is for jets and turboprops.

Regards,
    ray

300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Quote Originally Posted by raymtoh View Post
    I try to write value into those offsets but nothing happen. Can some1 enlightening me?
    Like many simulation values from FS's engine, these are RESULTS of its simulation, not input controls! The main control would be the throttle I think.

When you say the values are "wrong", do you mean they do not correctly reflect the fuel being used? This would seem unlikely, as the latter would be derived from the former -- if it is wrong there's a programming error in that aircraft someplace.

Or do you just mean they are not correct for the equivalent real-world aircraft?

If the latter then I'm sure your answer is in getting a better FS model. Folks like PMDG and LevelD take a lot of care and huge pride in making sure of these details, but everyone knows that the values for most of the defaults are suspect. Maybe there are scalars to adjust things for you in the Aircraft.CFG file, but if it is table-controlled it would probably need some changes in the AIR file.

[LATER]

BTW all of those offsets, except the last (2060), appear to be writeable in FSX. However, I doubt that they change things -- more likely that your value gets overwritten by the next one from the Sim Engine. However, you never know, MS may have provided a way to fiddle it. If you do try these on FSX, let me know how it goes!

Regards

Pete