Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MyCockpit Support Staff

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Great to see you're up'n'away David, sorry about the .ini file, I still don't remember doing that step. I have to do it all again next week as I have just bought a kick arse Quad Core PC with an 8800GTS card, Matrox TH2Go etc. can't wait to get it all going. It sure is great to use the CP Flight MCP, I had to smile reading your excited description of it's arrival. It was the same story here for me! Have you noticed the backlighting toggles with the PMDG panel lighting? They are coupled. Also on the back of the unit ther is a pair of pins which can be connected to a remote auto throttle button, I haven't done this yet but will in the future. I won't switch to PM, too many PCs and too many hassles described in our forums, it's a 3 minute boot up for us and off we go. Re - Overhead functionallity - I'm sure PMDG will catch up sooner or later and improve the interface. It is just taking a while for all the vendors to realise that number of cockpit builders are increasing exponentially, sooner or later a reasonably priced package will crop up. Fingers crossed!

Gwyn

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hey Gwyn,

Please don't apologise about the ini file - you were a great help, and your advice had me knowing exactly what to do and expect, and flying within 30 mins!

I think the CP Flight Tools installation (FS_COM and CP_CONF) is supposed to copy over the PMDG's keyboard ini file....... but I've read from other forums that this particular routine can often fail (mainly because CP Flight say that there 'CP Flight' Folder can be located anywhere on your hard drive). So although everything does work regardless of the location of the CP Flight folder, I suspect certain locations mean that the installation routine can't copy the PMDG kbd ini file over.

Anyway it's no real hassle as once you know the score, it's a 15 second job to copy it over manually

The MCP transforms the way you fly - I found I barely touched the mouse when flying last night ..... and that's a BIG realism boost!

Love pulling the AP out on Approach by hitting the disconnect bar, and flicking the A/T off on finals, using the real switch. Great stuff. At just under £500, it seemed expensive but it's such an upgrade and such high build and functional quality that I actually now think it was fantastic value!
    David R
    Durham, England

1979 Mooney M20J Cockpit builder ......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12